Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Sexton\'s WPT Commentary

Lets replace Sexton's commentary with a egotisical pro. Hellmuth anyone?
Old 12-06-2005, 09:07 AM

I admire Robert Williamson III's commentary a lot, but nobody seems to mention him. He talks about what the optimal play is during the time it's taking the player to make it -- instead of just asking the audience "what will he do?!"

Also, if a player folds the best hand, Williamson will often acknowledge that it was the right play anyway. He'll say something like "I like that fold, because King-Ten isn't a hand I want to get involved with out of position against a guy like Dan Harrington."
Old 12-06-2005, 12:46 PM

Sexton's analysis of the same play

"He's got KT here, is he thinking about making some sort of move here"

A 4th guy to act could have 73o, flop comes AKT and someone raises, calls, reraise and Sexton will be like

"Is he thinking about making a move here?"

ONLY IF HE'S COMPLETELY RETARDED.

To keep it with the football analogy, this would be like a team with a 1st and goal at the 3 yard line and the announcer saying "Is the coach thinking about intentionally taking a saftey here?"
Old 12-06-2005, 04:33 PM

I suppose they are tools, but I'm sure ESPN pushes them to comform to some sort of standard for the money ESPN is paying them.

Anyways, as an off-topic note, I see Norman Chad play the 20/40 limit mixed game fairly often at Hollywood Park.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:42 PM

Everyone says he sucks as a player. Can't be that bad though if he's not going broke at 20/40, right?

Which brings me to another question that I've been pondering a while. Seems like most of the pros play the mega-high limit games ($400/$800+) as their bread and butter. a) Is this true? and b) if so, why high limit instead of high NL? I'm really really curious about this.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone says he sucks as a player. Can't be that bad though if he's not going broke at 20/40, right?

Which brings me to another question that I've been pondering a while. Seems like most of the pros play the mega-high limit games ($400/$800+) as their bread and butter. a) Is this true? and b) if so, why high limit instead of high NL? I'm really really curious about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

400/800+ are mixed games, not limit holdem. There are usually pot limit and no limit games included.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Thanks. I have so much to learn. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]