Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2005, 01:29 AM

Default A2s from Button - Raise pre-flop?

Ok, I'm not sure what I was thinking (really distracted I think), but this was the worst hand I've played in awhile. Please don't be merciful. Both BB and UTG are very-loose/semi-aggresive(over 60 hands). They've been betting with junk and donating their money to the rest of the people at the table. Stats are:
VP$IP/WTSD
BB 63/56%
UTG 51/63%

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

What in the world am I doing?? I get distracted by the wife coming home and I have no idea why I'm in this pot. It's the WEIRDEST thing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Turn: (9 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Great, now a back door nut flush draw and gutshot straight. I know this thing is going to get capped, but I have odds here, so I hold my breath and stay in.

River: (21 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Straight hits. Even with the coordinated board, I'm not entirely convinced these guys have a straight, let alone a higher straight, so I stay in. Am I nuts? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Final Pot: 33 BB
Old 02-17-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: A2s from Button - Raise pre-flop?

The pot't too big to fold the river, IMO. Calling on the flop was bad! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 01:48 AM

I don't raise A-garbage suited, even from the button.

Flop is horrible, as you know

Turn is good.

River is good as well - you have to call this down. Given the flop action, if you lost, it was likely to a flopped straight from the BB. UTG had a set?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:52 AM

I can't decide on the river. I think I'd be dropping on the river to two cold, but somebody else might not.

With LAGs I'd never be limping A2s so I don't really like preflop, especially as one of them is acting after you.

The only street I possibly understand is the turn.
Old 02-17-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise A-garbage suited, even from the button.

Flop is horrible, as you know

Turn is good.

River is good as well - you have to call this down. Given the flop action, if you lost, it was likely to a flopped straight from the BB. UTG had a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

A2s has decent EV from the button. Especially against these opponents my initial instict was raise. I prbably would have knocked BB out with his 75o and probably lost to UTG's 66. Ugh, the more I look at the hand the sicker I get. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2005, 02:08 AM

holy crap. fold the flop. fold the river.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:13 AM

What were you doing in the hand past the flop?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What were you doing in the hand past the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha Not giving my opponents enough credit? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think after the brain-fart flop calls I kicked myself a few times, stred at the board and said something to the effect of - "SHIIIT". That's an exact quote. I honestly think I misread the board out of haste because the kid was screaming and the wife just got home. I really don't know what to say because in my right mind I'd NEVER play this flop.

Notice my question though is, pre-flop raise against LAG's on button?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
holy crap. fold the flop. fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop is an obvious fold. My question is about pre-flop. Raise? Even in my right mind I wouldn't fold the river against these opponents with this big of a pot.
Old 02-17-2005, 02:34 AM

I don't like raising pre-flop. ATs, of coarse, but not A2.
Kicker is real bad, wheel is the only straight and it's not always the nuts, you really only have the flush to draw to.

But i'de like to hear an arguement as why you would...if there is one.