Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do

oh i was at all offended by your comments, i was just agreeing that its interesting how these hands always come up. there seems to be no right answer.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:35 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)
Default Re: oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do i d

if the turn checks through do you bet the river?
Old 11-11-2005, 12:41 PM

i like bet/fold here, even if the guy is sorta aggressive. what hands is he CCing with? hard to put him on a solid range, maybe mid PP's on Axs. and how often is he going to bet as a bluff. i think bet/fold and calling down both have merit...
Old 11-11-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there seems to be no right answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding.

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make a model for your opponent, and what his likely actions are with any given hand, there is a right answer. The problem here is that the situation is kinda complicated, and that we don't know enough about the opponent to be entirely accurate as to what his predicted moves would be. We could try, and may come up with an answer that gives us the correct line, but if you shift his possible plays, our line suddenly may be wrong.

This doesn't mean there is no right answer. It just means that we have to do as best we can in predicting what our opponent will do, and then come up with the complicated formulas to figure out what is right given that.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: oh no! the ace hits what do i do what do i do what do i do what do i d

If Button isn't tricky, easy bet-fold I think. Otherwise I like a check-raise 33% of the time, with the remaining 67% being check-call.

Whether you call the river depends on reads and possible timing tells.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If you make a model for your opponent, and what his likely actions are with any given hand, there is a right answer. The problem here is that the situation is kinda complicated, and that we don't know enough about the opponent to be entirely accurate as to what his predicted moves would be. We could try, and may come up with an answer that gives us the correct line, but if you shift his possible plays, our line suddenly may be wrong.

This doesn't mean there is no right answer. It just means that we have to do as best we can in predicting what our opponent will do, and then come up with the complicated formulas to figure out what is right given that.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. And if interpreted loosely, we are saying the same thing.

Generally bet-fold is the right move. I mix it up with check-call, check-fold, check-call down.

Krishan
Old 11-11-2005, 01:09 PM

I think this is a great spot for check/call, check/call and it's how I would play it. A guy with these stats will often take a stab when you check to him and will sometimes bluff the river too. If he does take a free card he will often have very few outs, as this sort of player would usually push any pair or draw on the flop.

Also, he might have a hand like Q9 that would fold to a turn bet, but might pair on the river and pay you off (you should value bet the river if he checks through).

EDIT: If I decided to bet against this player it would be with the intention of calling down if raised. I would usually only do this if I thought a bluff raise was pretty likely. I think you're giving up too much by bet/folding against an aggressive player who has a wide flop peeling range and is not afraid to raise the turn as a bluff or free showdown raise. 1.75 AF for a 42 VPIP is VERY aggressive.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a great spot for check/call, check/call and it's how I would play it. A guy with these stats will often take a stab when you check to him and will sometimes bluff the river too. If he does take a free card he will often have very few outs, as this sort of player would usually push any pair or draw on the flop.

Also, he might have a hand like Q9 that would fold to a turn bet, but might pair on the river and pay you off (you should value bet the river if he checks through).

EDIT: If I decided to bet against this player it I would call down if raised. I would usually only do this if I thought a bluff raise was pretty likely. I think you're giving up too much by bet/folding against an aggressive player who has a wide flop peeling range and is not afraid to raise the turn as a bluff or free showdown raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like your whole thought process and i agree with everything. the only problem is that its hard to trust you though cause you suck at life :P
Old 11-11-2005, 08:25 PM

I agree with the move if hes going to pop u with more than an ace here. If hes pulling a free showdown, late draw/pair turn raise sort of thing, thereby putting u in a tough spot in which u may be forced to call down whether behind or ahead, then c/c is good especially if he cant help himself and will take stabs at the pot when u check.

Unless he was going to raise the turn with anything he flopped, he probably doesnt have much, he could have an ace or Kx etc...but most of the time hes pushing anything worthwhile on the flop...your hand doesnt really need protection and u dont want to call more bets then u have to when behind, yet, you want to make the most when ahead...and if u are ahead u want to get more bets out of him, alot of these guys love to autobet when checked to...I use the Pokerace Bet flop/turn/river stat here (percentage of time they bet street when checked to) These spots are always intresting.