Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 05:58 PM

Default Re: i m a pathetic gambling addict- self motivation purpose

i had poker tracker...but one day my girl friend removed it from my computer because "it says poker", so yes, gotta download dat again.

but this is a really good idea, its like taking break between each quarters in basketball, and times out to draw out plays. thank you.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:33 PM

Here's a hint: you don't play good, and shouldn't expect to win. Modify your expectations to reflect reality, please.

It's insane the number of losing players who deeply, truly expect to win. Once again, please wake up and smell the bacon before you give yourself a concussion.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:51 PM

Do these life story posts EVER get boring? Consistently the best part of the site for my money. I can't get enough.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:12 PM

You know what bro… I’m going to give you personal advice from personal experience. So don’t automatically take my post as a “dis”… seriously absorb what I’m saying.

Trust me, this works… the only thing that matters is if you are “man” enough to stomach the whole process and continue living the “happy” life of a poker player / gambling dood. If I had not experienced this process first hand, I’d never be playing poker for a living and would probably be an educated business / family man making 6 figures worrying about the dog and planning my retirement… but no…I’m a self made righteous free thinker… YEAH Baby!

-Borrow every penny you can from every one willing to lend you money. Go buy some drugs… not just any drugs, really good drugs, and preferably ones that are not physically addictive, because even with a mind as strong as yours, you may not be able to get off of those.

Anyway, take all the drugs… this will dull your wits and inhibitions…go gamble all the money you have borrowed… keep gambling till you lose it – Every penny

Now at this point you should be completely broke and in more debt than you could have ever imagined yourself in. You will also be coming down off of an insane trip spiraling uncontrollably into a reality that is even worse than you remember it being. It will be surreal, but at the same time… your strong mind and understanding of the universe should allow you to overcome all obstacles in your path right !? Except the pit on the way to the poker room, but nobody’s perfect…

Then try to rebuild your sanity, credit, meaningful relationships, and never existent bankroll back up in the hopes that you have somehow stumbled across the answers to spiritual growth and the meaning of life without the assistance of conventional religion or philosophy all the while isolating yourself from everyone who ever gave a damn about you.

Hey, at least you are a winning poker player.

I look forward to meeting you in the winners circle soon!
Old 10-20-2005, 11:43 PM

vnh
Old 10-20-2005, 11:49 PM

wow, r u serious? this is insane, i dont think i can do that. way too much risk, dont like drugs, and i hate borrowing money (although i have no trouble of losing my winnings -_-)

but, thanks alot for sharing me it with you.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:49 PM

Even if you were a winning player, why would that matter? Your family has money and you are in school. Get your degree and enjoy their financial support.

If both my parents had money, I wouldn't have that much of a reason to play. I would mostly just focus on school and girls. As it is now, my mom is a part-time limo driver and keeps "borrowing" rent money from me. As for my dad, he's a lawyer, and helps to support me. I'm no hard luck story or anything, but there definitely are good reasons that I play besides the fact that I have developed good self control, enjoy the game, and have a nice winrate.

It sounds to me like you are playing for the wrong reasons.

Best wishes,
Snowball
Old 10-21-2005, 12:13 AM

ya that is why i dont get either, why do i gamble?
i asked myself that and i dont know either.

like i stated in the OP, i m a guy who just doesnt have that much feeling most of time. when i play poker, i dont feel like a rush or something, but yet i m still addicted.

i used to enjoy beatin people on board games, i still do, i m just a really competitive guy who wants to win everything i guess.

maybe i m playing for the wrong reasons, but i dont even think i have a reason to play cause i cant find one. i m pretty ridiculous.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 AM

I recommend talking to your parents, and getting them to hire a therapist for you. You might be surprised by how much it can help.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do these life story posts EVER get boring? Consistently the best part of the site for my money. I can't get enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're very motivating. I always feel so much better about my own life after reading them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]