Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Just another sorry thirty-something!

I think if I'm in your shoes I'd probably see it as 50/50 she's cheating on you. You should confront her, and if she's not then maybe counseling would help. If she is, I don't know....Ike Turner?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if this is related to the self image, but she recently got a tatoo on her backside (shhh, this is a secret), and she has recently started to wear thongs (underwear). I wouldn't think she would do this with too poor of a self image.

[/ QUOTE ]

She's banging some other guy. You really need to seek some professional help here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I don't like the sound of that either. If she is allegedly too stressed out to care about having sex, then why is she doing such things that are intened to increase her sex appeal?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am not sure if this is related to the self image, but she recently got a tatoo on her backside (shhh, this is a secret), and she has recently started to wear thongs (underwear). I wouldn't think she would do this with too poor of a self image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. I don't know much about women but surely there is something in this. I'll leave it to Dom to extrapolate the significance.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There are two possibilities here. One is that she knows she has a problem and she's trying to make herself feel better about herself...sexier, which is good. She knows there's a problem. The other is that she's got a new boyfriend. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree if she is a thirtysomthing woman she may well be feeling it and wanting to feel young again, but there is other possibilities but people can be too quik to jump to conclusions.

Americans are very quick to say therapy as well I have noticed in the replies. I think some more them time is needed not more out with the girls time.

When I read your initial post, I though that maybe she did not feel attractive anymore or that your marriage had become too routine. Then I read about the LBT and the thongs. As a woman (who has been married before) I found this behavior troublesome and I seriously think she is being unfaithful. If you are not the one enjoying her new accessories, somebody else is. Has she been working late? Has she gone to see friends more than usual? Stress at work is not a good enough excuse IMO.
I would not recommend buying her anything. Seeing a therapist would be a better idea or start following her around.

[ QUOTE ]
If she is allegedly too stressed out to care about having sex, then why is she doing such things that are intened to increase her sex appeal?

[/ QUOTE ]

She realizes she has a problem and these are things she's doing conscously or unconsiously to boost her self-esteem and make herself feel sexy again.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If she is allegedly too stressed out to care about having sex, then why is she doing such things that are intened to increase her sex appeal?

[/ QUOTE ]

She realizes she has a problem and these are things she's doing conscously or unconsiously to boost her self-esteem and make herself feel sexy again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't buy that for one second.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She realizes she still wants some cack and these are things she's doing conscously or unconsiously to help her look hotter to the [censored] she's cheating with

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this what you meant, Jake?

Swede
Old 11-01-2005, 06:25 PM

Talk to her about it. If that doesn't help get her to go to group marital counseling with you.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She realizes she still wants some cack and these are things she's doing conscously or unconsiously to help her look hotter to the [censored] she's cheating with

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this what you meant, Jake?

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

I did say that was a possibility.