Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 03:55 AM

Default 3/6 hi lo against a mainiac

Seat 8 is the mainiac, no reads on seat 2

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (4.67 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___raises

5th Street - (5.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

6th Street - (14.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises

River - (26.33 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls___calls
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___raises___calls

Total pot: (38.33 BB)

so?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: 3/6 hi lo against a mainiac

wp
Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 PM

I think you should fold fourth--everyone caught good, you bricked--but it sometimes takes more discipline than I have.

Careful on the river. Maniac has certainly represented trips, but few maniacs go crazy on the river (as they know they will get called). The correctness of your line depends on the correctness of your read.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:54 PM

I know you hate to fold fourth here, as I know I hate it, but i think it is the right decision. You are most certainly behind in both directions and everyone else has caught extremely well, espeically the completer. I might take one off if I complete the action, but with a known maniac behind me then I think I fold. Calling two bets here really sucks.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:27 PM

I agree with the idea of folding fourth but in the heat of battle I probably always call here because I'm weak and haven't worked that outta my game yet.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:29 PM

I like the way you played this. I don't drop by this board very often, but was surprised at all the votes for folding 4th street. You've got two 3's blocking, and you're not cut off from a 5: I think you've still got a working hand. Seat 2's clubs were extremely live on 3rd street, and seat 8 check raises with a pair. I like the possibilities.

I'm one of the bigger nits around, but I'm going to want to see 5th street here.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:11 PM

Folding fourth: I think it's a matter of position and pot size, and a fold or a call could be argued for. They got me on the installment plan, though, ad the way it played out, i decided i had appropriate odds to at least take a look at fifth. Since the pot was raised and there was at least one weak/loose player in the pot, i decided that my implied and pot odds combined to make that a +ev call, and after it got raised behind me, i'm gonna see fifth for one more SB- at that point the pot was laying me 9.6-1 on the call...

i actually intended to re-raise third, but all the calls from low doorcards led me to believe that my hand might be somewhat dead.

I lost both ends of the pot, BTW. grrrrr....
Old 10-11-2005, 07:26 PM

I fold 4th, but play every other street the same.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:27 PM

I think fourth is a clear fold. You are beaten on board for high, and you are very likely behind for low. The guy who raised on third street has caught a very good card. The guy yet to act behind you has caught good. The guy with the Fives could be sandbagging with trips or maybe two pair. It could easily cost you more than the one bet to see fifth street, and the pot is very small at the moment. It is very unlikely that things are going to come down on fifth street in such a way that you are going to really like your hand. You wouldn't have called had you caught a Nine, right? With a bigger pair showing, I don't think that Deuce is a hell of a lot better. I think calling here is a significant leak.

The rest of the hand is fine. Tough break.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think calling here is a significant leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I aggree, upon reflection- not because one loses a lot of value on that particular street, but because calling along in this kind of situation (drawing behind both ways against hard-to0-read opposition) is just asking to be set up for a huge loss, like, oh, i don't know.... the one i ended up taking on this hand.

bye-bye PS reload, all in one hand. ugh.