Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Re: December VIP offers anyone?

I actually got a call from VIP tonight related to another matter (hadn't been getting response e-mails from info/party about my last sunday's football submission) so I finally wrote to VIP with a CC to info to find out if they were in fact getting my e-mails. The gal I spoke with was very nice and said they had been responding to me but apparently I'm not getting them. She said she wanted to take the opportunity to find out what other "concerns I might have about anything and if she might address them" and she specifically mentioned that this month's VIP offers were the Cruises and that they would vary by month.

So I dunno... It seems some posts lately have indicated that cash offers are being made but plenty of others are just getting the Cruise bit.

I had my husband check on the mail thing to see if there were messages going to some bulk file and now there are 532 messages on there and interestingly enough, none from info/party so I have no idea what to make of that either. I was thinking that maybe Daniel Wexler/Promotions Manager put a whammy on me because his was the last direct e-mail I've had from them.

Am I a marked woman [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

-S&SGW
Old 12-23-2005, 05:04 AM

Some ISP's will suddenly decide to block e-mails from certain internet-gaming sites before they even make it to your bulk-folder.

When I had AOL they would do this and it was EXTREMELY frustrating.
First...they had party blocked for a month or two....then they had Empire blocked for a month or two. There was ZERO way to get your e-mails or HH's from many of the addresses at the sites.

And it took me forever to figure out why I wasn't getting the e-mails in the first place.
Bam...suddenly my HH's stopped coming (before they were automatically on the hard-drive I needed to have 100 HH's e-mailed at a time for poker-tracker).

They did it to Paradise and Stars at different points too...but both of those sites put up pop-ups that said 'attention: If you are an AOL customer then your e-mails from us are being blocked BY AOL. we are working with AOL to fix this problem.'
If Party had more quickly figured out the problem and given this courtesy it would have saved me a whole world of headaches.
(the cust-serv people at AOL didn't even know they were blocking AOL until I got the 4th or 5th rep there).

Anyway...I promise you that it does indeed happen (although might not have been the case in your situation).

One quick way to find out is to try to have your current e-mail address 'validated' under the my-account tab.
If you need to then get a different e-mail addres (like yahoo or gmail or whatever)....get that address on party validated...and you will be able to communicate with them while your ISP screws around blocking e-mails that you actually WANT.

Not sure if this was the case with you or not...but it certainly could still be happening to some people.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:44 PM

Thanks Bob, we sent an e-mail to Clearwire to ask if they are blocking some of the mail. Depending on their response, I will attempt to open another e-mail account somewhere.

Thanks again,
-S&SGW
Old 12-23-2005, 07:15 PM

don't just go based on clearwire's response...because the cust-serv rep who responds might not even know.

just click the 'request validation code' on the party lobby.
if THAT e-mail doesn't come through then you KNOW it's getting blocked.

and set up a yahoo address really quick and check it out via that address.

good luck.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Okay Bob, I did the Party e-mail validation and it worked just fine so now I don't know what to think except that in fact they didn't send me any responses from info/party to those several e-mails I sent. Maybe info/party has me on ignore now that I'm a VIP, lmaooooo, yeah right...

Again, thanks!

-S&SGW
Old 12-24-2005, 01:27 AM

An easy way to check your Party/X-Party email is to open the cashier, click <History> and <Email this to my Email address>. It should arrive promptly and it's also handy for your records.

Validation works too but then you need to follow up by entering your new code or your email really won't work anymore.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

So I dunno... It seems some posts lately have indicated that cash offers are being made but plenty of others are just getting the Cruise bit.

-S&SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your first month as VIP, then you also get a cash for hands offer.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:10 AM

fwiw - there was a stretch where I was able to get HH's...but couldn't get other things from party.

but i do agree that it looks like they were just ignoring you.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-S&SGW

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is your first month as VIP, then you also get a cash for hands offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if that's the case it just goes to show that Party continues to do things that defy logic. One would think they would be offering cash incentives to those who have already proved themselves as VIPs, willing to generate raked hands/MGR.

-S&SGW
Old 12-24-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well if that's the case it just goes to show that Party continues to do things that defy logic. One would think they would be offering cash incentives to those who have already proved themselves as VIPs, willing to generate raked hands/MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rackback < Bonus < Bonus+Rakeback < Fish!!!... Enjoy!

This month from Party...
Don't forget Party's Santa... $300 for 3100 points (100x31)
Football potentially up to $800+
ScratchOff prizes
2 different account specific reloads
The PPA Bonus

While no real VIP bonus this month, they still are giving away quite a bit of money!
... and if you are doing the santa, all the other stuff clears concurrently with that.