Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2005, 09:45 PM

Default Re: Any scientologists here?

[ QUOTE ]
IIRC That angel wasn't sent to test any homosexuals, they (the two angels) were staying in Sodom (or Gomorah) because Lot and his Wife was there and the homosexual residents of the town wanted to SIITPS.

You can't blame God really, I mean he's got a reputation to protect. When you send your employees out to do your bidding and people try to [censored] em in the ass ... you got to keep it gangsta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I wouldnt have phrased it quite the same, you are correct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Made me laugh though. Ni han. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We're all brainwashed in some way. We don't even know what it is we don't know.

"Everything you think and feel is a lie" --- Lao Tzu

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite true. We'll even kill and die for our arbitrary beliefs.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The truth is we don't know how the earth was made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well... this is overplayed a bit... (not that the bible/christian summaries weren't overplayed, either).

We have a pretty durn good idea how planets are formed. We look out our window and we can see it happening out there, pretty much.

The universe, however... is another story...

KO
Old 07-03-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're all brainwashed in some way. We don't even know what it is we don't know.

"Everything you think and feel is a lie" --- Lao Tzu

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite true. We'll even kill and die for our arbitrary beliefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scary how many people are quite willing to die for something that somebody else convinced them about. Look 9/11, for instance. Osama wanted something, so he convinced a bunch of people to die for him.

I guess you could say the same for America... but I actually think we're on the right side of this stuff, so I'll defend that.

KO
Old 07-03-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LMFAO, seriously. I am so interested in learning more about this now. I never really paid any attention to it, assuming if was sort of a fad. But man, people really BUY into this stuff?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have to reach a certain 'level' before they hear ANY of this. Before that it is all kind of hinted at and vague... 'a horrible occurrence xx million years ago', etc. It's only since people have been deprogrammed and rescued that this stuff comes out and is on the net.

KO
Old 07-03-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
IIRC That angel wasn't sent to test any homosexuals, they (the two angels) were staying in Sodom (or Gomorah) because Lot and his Wife was there and the homosexual residents of the town wanted to SIITPS.

You can't blame God really, I mean he's got a reputation to protect. When you send your employees out to do your bidding and people try to [censored] em in the ass ... you got to keep it gangsta.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I wouldnt have phrased it quite the same, you are correct. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Made me laugh though. Ni han. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

made me laugh 2
Old 07-03-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an incredibly stupid comment. I highly doubt you've read the old testament since the very post of mine you quoted references a story in the old testament.

[/ QUOTE ]

you honor my words by giving them too much meaning.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't. According to darwinism homosexuality is a catastrophic defect. Back in the day, stories like this served their purpose very well. For a multitude of reasons incest, homosexuality, and polygomy were bad for ancient society as a whole. Whether or not it applies to current society is obviously debated by many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you so sure these things were bad back then and so unsure about them in current times?

More importantly, why was polygomy bad? Aside, if homosexuality was bad, according to darwinism, then, the inabilitiy of that breed to survive should end the supposed plague rather than a stupid story?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like how could you POSSIBLY believe that crazy Xenu story?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's on the list. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What I really want to know is, why doesn't anyone confront Cruise et. al. with this totally crazy loony bin stuff on one of these interview shows? Look at the mileage and exposure you get from one tiny little rant about psychiatry. Lauer would be immortalized if he got Cruise to say "Yes, I believe invisible 'body thetans' that were blown up in volcanos with H-bombs by the galactic ruler Xenu are clinging to me right now as we speak."

eastbay
Old 07-04-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you so sure these things were bad back then and so unsure about them in current times? More importantly, why was polygomy bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really need to compare the technology as well as the needs of a family 2,000-3,000 years ago with the present day? Or are you just trolling? Its not that hard to come up with a dozen reasons. Many of those reasons don't apply today.

[ QUOTE ]
Aside, if homosexuality was bad, according to darwinism, then, the inabilitiy of that breed to survive should end the supposed plague rather than a stupid story?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. Darwinism if much more complex than a simple survival of the fittest. I don't have time to explain it but "origin of species" chapter 5 "laws of variation" should do you well.

I really don't have time for this.... work to do.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do I really need to compare the needs of a family 2,000-3,000 years ago with the present day? Or are you just trolling? It not that hard to come up with a dozen reasons. Many of those reasons don't apply today.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do need to compare them if you make the claim that they are different and i call you out on that claim. Well i suppose you don't need to, but that would be standard.