Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Results

This was a tough decision for me because on the one hand it was a chance to double through a bad player. On the other hand, it would be a stupid way to go broke.

He really could not have KQ or a bigger set. A player like this will not open-limp from the CO with a hand as strong as that. So, I wasn't folding.

The question was: is there a weaker hand he could have that would call a reraise by me? I mean, I am in the BB and I would be showing tremendous strength with that move... so he would have to put me on at least a 3.

I decided that if he also had a 3, he would have either bet the flop or raised the turn in most cases. Failing to do either rules out that hand.

He wouldn't raise that amount, in that fashion, on a bluff and he would have certainly bet the flop with an ace. I put him rather firmly on 2 pair... either Jacks up or tens and jacks.

So, would he call a reraise with those hands? Any reasonable player wouldn't. I decided to just call... but at the last second I realized that I had been taking a long time to figure out what to do and I noticed a look on his face that led me to believe that he had become convinced he had the best hand and was hoping for a call. I pushed.

He looked confused for a moment, but called me pretty quickly and mucked when I showed my 3.

At the next break he approached me and said that he made a huge mistake because he forgot that I was in the BB and that the pot was unraised. He said that he wasn't putting me on a 3 for that reason and that he had 10-J.

Irieguy