Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Do most pros adopt a get rich quick or die approach?

When I'm playing a deep stacked, slow blind game my goal is to see as many flops as possible, and use my aggression and reading ability to take down as many hands as possible post-flop. I've found that this play in the early stages, combined with the occasional monster that ges paid off (because I'm playing so many hands) helps me to enter the middle stages with an above average stack, which sets me up well for the rest of the tournament.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
alot of good very aggressive players still raise the pot even when the blinds are low. i dont really see what it accomplishes but i suppose the donks are going to call them anyway so maybe they see it as growing the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

You raise so that you can make a continuation bet on the flop or turn. Limping is not a good stratagy. Play your hands to win and you will get callers from the other players who don't know any better.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:46 PM

From what I've seen of him, Juanda prefers to play preflop, and is damn good at it.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:27 PM

No, not all pros adopt this strategy and Hellmuth is an excellent example. He has been known to fold QQ pre-flop and is very tight early unless he thinks he is a prohibitive favorite. He is probable unwilling to put his tourney on the line unless he believes he is a 3-1 fave or more.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, not all pros adopt this strategy and Hellmuth is an excellent example. He has been known to fold QQ pre-flop and is very tight early unless he thinks he is a prohibitive favorite. He is probable unwilling to put his tourney on the line unless he believes he is a 3-1 fave or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but he's also an idiot who believes these situations occur more frequently than they actually do.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:21 PM