Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 AM

Default 600 NL 6-Max Hand, Minireraised with trips

I have been running poorly, and am a bit on tilt.

Hero (600)
Villain (~650)... just sat down, no reads

UTG limps, I limp with 3/2 off (yep, on tilt), villain limps on button, SB and BB all come along.

Flop (~40): 2/2/K, 2 clubs. SB (TAG) leads for 25, UTG (weird player, running hot) calls, I bump to 75, button miniraises to 150... all fold to me... Hero?

Barring not limping with 3/2 off, what do you think is the best line here having flopped trips with no kicker?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate all your comments...
Old 12-06-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: 600 NL 6-Max Hand, Minireraised with trips

how can you not call and see what happens on the turn
do u think he limped with pocket kings
or a better 3???? i ffind it unlikely unless hes just the luckiest human
Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 PM

So the action went bet, call, raise, reraise?

fold
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 PM

Wow that is weak! I think no one puts someone else on a 2 here. If KK is possible requires a read, but I think I am going to the felt with this hand. FWIW, I think I either re-raise here big, or check raise a non-king turn. If he slow played KK, then he gets my money.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 PM

I call it, then bet hard on the turn if a K doesn't land. I'm thinking the villan has K with a high kicker and he's afraid of the flush draw.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:15 PM

Call and push turn duece.. then cry as he flips over limped KK.

Mm, tough spot.. Could villain do this with flushdraw even tho there is a pair on the board? Is it fair to assume he knows you are on tilt and that your reraise doesn't necessarily indicate real strength? In that case he could do this with a king I suppose.. This will look intimidating to SB aswell which is good for him and will define his hand good.

Call and bet nonclub turn for for 1/2 a pot (so that he might think you had the flushdraw) and call a push? If he just calls push any river?
Old 12-06-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So the action went bet, call, raise, reraise?

fold

[/ QUOTE ]

im w/ you, man
Old 12-06-2005, 02:56 PM

Why is nobody considering A2? That's what I put the villain on. Your raise on the flop is way too small, there is $90 in the pot and you only made it 75, make it at least $125. Just making it 75 you ensures you are getting called by a K who bet out, and a flush draw. You have to remember he has raised with 3 people putting money into the pot, his small reraise is screaming he wants your 2 to call. I'm dumping this hand. If he has A2 you are drawing to just 5 outs, three 3s and 2 Kings, because I presume either the SB or UTG has a K. This is a fold or push situation, and since he can't figure you for KK and probably won't think you played K2 he's calling a push, so I would let it go. If it turns out he has a K or flush draw, then sobeit, it just means he overplays his hands.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:10 PM

I think overselling on a bigger 2 is a little weak. There are SO many more combinations of Kx and x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] than x2. I think we can rule out KK.

I'd think a bigger 2 is a little foolish to minraise with 2 clubs out there, while a flush draw is consistent with a min-raise - he wants to build the pot with two other callers. A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] makes a lot more sense.

I think pushing here is good.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:16 PM

Saw a very similar hand live the other night. My money is on villain having A2s.