Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Cory Maye, another drug war victim

This is my favorite part:

[ QUOTE ]
According to Maye's first attorney, two jurors told her after trial that Maye was convicted because (1) jurors resented Maye's attorney for suggesting in her closing argument that God would remember whether or not they'd shown Maye mercy when it came time for their judgment day, and (2) the didn't like Maye's upbringing -- they found him to be spoiled and disrespectful.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just reinforces the theory that the only people who serve on juries are those who are too stupid to get out of doing so in the first place.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't bother me one bit that the pre-dawn raiding door-breaking-down thug got what he deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog, this is a disgusting statement. I can't believe I apologized for saying you're like an ignorant 16 year-old in that other thread. (emphasis Borodog's)
Old 12-15-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it doesn't bother me one bit that the pre-dawn raiding door-breaking-down thug got what he deserved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog, this is a disgusting statement. I can't believe I apologized for saying you're like an ignorant 16 year-old in that other thread. (emphasis Borodog's)

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you know my politics to be, what other morally and ethically consistent position am I supposed to take with regards to violent aggressors in government employ?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you know my politics to be, what other morally and ethically consistent position am I supposed to take with regards to violent aggressors in government employ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that a statement like that is consistent with your morals is pretty messed up.

Guy got killed for doing his job.
And don't give me the "get a better job" crap. Some people have to work to support themselves and their family and that's not gonna change soon. For all we know the police were hiring and he needed a good job with benefits. Does he deserve to die for that? Not everyone can throw away professorships based on some delusional 16-y.o.-that-hates his-parents ideal of anarchocapitalism like you.

Sorry for the hostility but I can't believe your sickening statements in this thread.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And don't give me the "get a better job" crap. Some people have to work to support themselves and their family and that's not gonna change soon. For all we know the police were hiring and he needed a good job with benefits. Does he deserve to die for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was the son of the Chief. I doubt he had to compete for the job. Someone more qualified probobly should have had it.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And don't give me the "get a better job" crap. Some people have to work to support themselves and their family and that's not gonna change soon. For all we know the police were hiring and he needed a good job with benefits. Does he deserve to die for that?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was the son of the Chief. I doubt he had to compete for the job. Someone more qualified probobly should have had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed the point.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which was what? It's OK to be a thug if you have bills to pay?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to "I should be able to kill you if I feel you're infringing on the rights I made up?"
Old 12-15-2005, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to "I should be able to kill you if I feel you're infringing on the rights I made up?"

[/ QUOTE ]

He thought he was the victim of a home invasion. I guess you don't believe in the right to privacy?
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He thought he was the victim of a home invasion. I guess you don't believe in the right to privacy?

[/ QUOTE ]

You definitely missed the point.
I'm criticizing Borodog's reaction to it. Both the cop's death and conviction of Maye were tragic.