Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Two Questions For Not Ready

I think the the principle of non-contradiction already proves that our logic can be perfect in a practical way.

I agree that there can be problems that are so extremely difficult that it would take an incredibly long time and a genius to deduce. Some are probably too long for many humans to deduce over a lengthy period of time, if ever (time may run out).

But these types of problems are not essential. They hold no practical relevance to the salvation of our souls, which is the only important matter, and where perfect logic, no matter how simple, is extremely important.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:01 AM

Give it up Peter. NR doesn't really have a good grasp of logic and its mathematical foundations. And he doesn't want to either. Because then the emporer of his protestant theology would be seen clearly to be wearing no clothes.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

then he can make logical errors,

[/ QUOTE ]

Which was the point in the first place. So why did it take so long to get here?
Old 11-20-2005, 04:14 PM

Because you seem to be arguing that all Cathlolic logical conclusions on doctrinal matters are not true, even though they are. Are they or are they not?

If you say yes, then we agree. If you say no, than we disagree and must root out which doctrines you think are false to find the logical error.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Because you seem to be arguing that all Cathlolic logical conclusions on doctrinal matters are not true

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never even hinted this. My point was about human logic. If I had anything in mind it was false atheistic philosophy.

[ QUOTE ]

If you say yes, then we agree. If you say no, than we disagree and must root out which doctrines you think are false to find the logical error.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do believe there are errors in Catholic doctrine but I have no desire to debate them. I don't think there's any issue that hasn't been thoroughly debated since Luther so anyone interested has more than enough material to study.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:45 PM

Fair enough. We can conclude our discussion then. You will maintain that those outside of Christianity are illogical, and I will maintain that some of your views regarding Christianity are illogical.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You will maintain that those outside of Christianity are illogical, and I will maintain that some of your views regarding Christianity are illogical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't maintian that atheists are illogical about everything.

I don't believe any of my views of Christianity are illogical.