Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 04:36 AM

Default Re: Dealers most hated and stiff report

[ QUOTE ]
tips = To insure promt service.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a nit - but that's not what it means at all

it would be "to ensure prompt service" - but the word tip comes from a different background regardless
Old 10-23-2005, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when you deal, do you toss each player you cost money to a buck?

if you don't feel responsible for costing some players money why do you feel entitled to be compensated by the players whom win money?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the stupidest thing I've ever read
Old 10-23-2005, 04:55 AM

I'm friends with almost all of the dealers at the Hustler, where the 'big' game was for years until about 18 months ago. Oh, maybe they'd have a 1k-2k game in Vegas, but the 4k-8k game was with Larry Flynt on a weekly basis.

I happen to know that Johnny Chan was one of the larger tippers in the game when it was at the Hustler. Now, he was also part of the Pai Gow corporation (I've heard....this is a little gossipy...), and many of the dealers at the Hustler like to gamble when they get off duty. So it's possible he was just, um, paying the hand that feeds him, to some extent.

However, like I said, I know that Johnny Chan was a healthy tipper (for whatever reason). I'm not blaming you, but you may want to do some introspection.

I'm not saying this to get under your skin, just to help your bottom line.

Josh
Old 10-23-2005, 05:55 AM

i don't tip period.
i don't tip waiters, valet, dealers, or anybody...those dollars really add up.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 AM

actually rick, i tip the dealers very well, which is why all the dealers at the bike know me by name, however i was giving the OP a hard time because i think anyone who comes on this fourm to bitch about not getting tipped enough is a loser of epic perportions and should be publicly ridiculed...seriously how pathetic can you get.

and if he has to resort to whining publicly about not getting tipped enough there may be a direct correlation to why he's not getting tipped...he's probably a douchebag.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am being tipped for doing a good job. If I do good job I sould be tipped.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, fair enough. I do tip for good service. If you were my dealer, and didn't [censored] anything up, I'd tip you.

[ QUOTE ]

I make mim wage and rely on tips to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, first you say that dealers should be tipped for good service, I, and probably 99% of 2+2ers agree with that. But, no one likes a whiny ass dealer/waiter/cab driver etc, who bitches about how little their paid and how much they need tips.

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO TIPS. Tips are given at the DISCRESION of the customer, if they are happy with their service. Once again, TIPS ARE NOT AN ENTITLEMENT.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:09 AM

I think his point is that a lot of people look up to these people and assume they are giving and nice people when they are not. I hear it everyday at the Bellagio. Someone will say I bet those guys tip hundreds maybe 1000's. Well thats not the case and I let people know that b/c I know the truth. I am not a dealer but a player but I am friendly with a few of them.

Trust me it is not this one in particular, they all bitch on how they are treated.

Go to www.pokerworks.com and click on table tango for a blog of one of the dealers and just read the crap she puts up with.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:10 AM

BTW, they are not entitled to tips but are entitled to be treated like human beings. One of my friends say she doesn't even care if they dont tip, she just wishes they wouldnt be so hateful.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't tip period.
i don't tip waiters, valet, dealers, or anybody...those dollars really add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
actually rick, i tip the dealers very well

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2005, 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually rick, i tip the dealers very well, which is why all the dealers at the bike know me by name, however i was giving the OP a hard time because i think anyone who comes on this fourm to bitch about not getting tipped enough is a loser of epic perportions and should be publicly ridiculed...seriously how pathetic can you get.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. If you are in a job where you rely on tips you need to accept that it averages out, some people overtip and some don't tip so you need to get used to it.

[ QUOTE ]
and if he has to resort to whining publicly about not getting tipped enough there may be a direct correlation to why he's not getting tipped...he's probably a douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is the people he mentioned just don't tip anybody who deals. As an aside, there are a bunch of people I think are douchebags but I usually need more information to come to that conclusion, then I pretty much keep that particular thought to myself or share with my closest friends.

~ Rick

PS Don't work at the Bike anymore.