Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WHAT WERE THE HOMELAND SECURITY AGENTS LOOKING FOR ?
A blueprint of Oregon's FBI bureau building accidentally used in a kid's game 0 0%
A surface-to-air missile launcher mock-up 1 10.00%
A rubik cube, following instructions from Washington HQ 2 20.00%
A pirated video tape of 12-year old Osama bin Laden playing soccer in an Oregon schoolyard 0 0%
To stake out the next door house where two Al Qaeda operatives were staying 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson - Blue $1 or White $1 chip?

I have decided already, but I wanted to get your opinion to see if I'm in line. Should the $1 chip be white or blue? The other one will be the 25¢ chip.

(These images are opposite of what I have chosen. I am leaning towards a white 25¢ chip)

These images are just drafts. Thesey are NOT the final images, and are not meant to represent the final 25¢ and $1 chips. They are just examples.

Ten

Old 03-08-2005, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson - Blue $1 or White $1 chip?

Final example or not, I like how the image is matching overall in color with the chip in your examples. I'm waiting with baited breath here Ten.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:03 AM

Damn, now I'm gonna have to get a loan to buy these puppies. Looking good by the way and I voted for the Blue $1 chip.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:42 AM

I think that the one dollar chip would be more used than the 25cent one. Knowing that the one dollar chip would get dirty faster than the blue chip (see: Paulson Chip Maintenance), I think it would be a good idea to have the blue chip beeing the one dollar chip. (However my personal preference is white for this chip because I like the white chip better than the blue one...)
Old 03-08-2005, 05:33 AM

I kind of mentioned this in the main Pharaoh's club thread, but it might be nice to keep the $1 chips white like the James Bond and Standard Stock Paulsons so that if we ever need to buy replacements or extra $1 chips, we could just pick up some Stock or JB Paulsons which should exactly match the Pharaoh's Club chips, since as of now it's looking like we won't be able to get much customization on the chip mold/color. Of course, this doesn't matter if the Pharaohs Club chips will be available for general purchase after the group buy. What do you guys think?
Old 03-08-2005, 08:10 AM

i voted blue for quarters b/c i'll need more quarters than dollars, and the dirt factor is in play. <selfish>
Old 03-08-2005, 08:47 AM

off topic, but looking at the blue chip, the mold looks different. Anyone else notice? It's either been photoshoped to make the recessed area smaller and the raised area larger, or its a new mold.
-J
Old 03-08-2005, 08:49 AM

I voted for blue $1 and white $.25 because of the dirt factor. But these chips look so awesome and I only plan to use them for "special occasions" anyways.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 AM

The blue one is the shiznit! Surprised the voting is so close.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:08 PM

I like your reasoning, except that the standard James Bond $1 chip is blue. The standard 50 cent chip is white.

I would prefer a 50 cent chip over the 25 cent. The 25 cent would typically be used as a small blind or ante for microlimit cash games. You don't need many of those so you could substitute a some other Paulson chip for the few that you would need. However, 50 cent chips would get a lot more use (for me anyway) because home cash games are typically 0.5/1 or 1/2. The 4-5x increase from 25 cents to $1 dollar may be an "efficient" use of demoninations but is an inefficient use of money spent on a lot more chips with a 25 cent value. The standard Paulsons don't even bother with a 25 cent chip.