Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 02:16 AM

Default Maniacal?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $1. CO posts a blind of $1.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) calls, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO raises, Button folds, BB calls, Hero 3-bets, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO caps, BB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (15.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls $2 (All-In).

River: (23.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Am I crazy?
Old 07-10-2004, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Maniacal?

are you crazy.... yes you are. I see no point to your check raise on the turn after the flop was capped. you should bet out and call a raise then check call the river, unless he didn't raise the turn then you bet the river again.

edit: sorry i misread, the raiser is in last position, you're in first, the cr is fine.... i think...
Old 07-10-2004, 03:19 AM

I fold this hand UTG.

The rest I like. Given that the CO was almost all in, putting him there is OK.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:38 AM

Would you muck it even if there were 2 posters Dids?
Old 07-10-2004, 04:03 AM

I fold ATo in EP.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:49 AM

I usually fold ATo UTG too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] because I don't think my postflop play is super all of the time, but if you play it I like the flop, the turn check-raise is kinda weird, but you kept up the aggression.

-Sent
Old 07-10-2004, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this hand UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice ABC Poker.

pf.... it's a battle for the blinds and antes (TOP). The bigger the blinds and antes in the first round, the more loose/aggressive you should be. With 2 posters in the pot, I would also raise ATo UTG, whereas I would fold UTG with just the blinds. The 2 posters mean everything in this decision.

Once you have TPTK on the flop, you need to 3-bet it.

As for the c/r on the turn, I agree with it for one reason. CO is short stacked. You check, it will be checked to CO. CO will bet (hopefully in desperation), you raise to eliminate the other players and hope that CO is just shoving chips in the pot to make everyone fold.

Other than that, yes, I think you're crazy.
Old 07-10-2004, 12:47 PM

i think openraising with ATo at a full table is nuts.

However, i got to wondering whether the two posters change things; in for $1 each with random cards - an open raise forces people to call 2 cold, you should be ahead of the posters, Hmm. this calls for a higher power to comment.

After openraising, the flop is played nice and fast; these players could be raising straight draws or overcards, but they could equally have 32o for 2 pair.

After the flop cap, i would slow down. With the turn play, though, i guess a checkraise is nice to force out the Mid-Players. Again, i'm undecided, the check-call option isn't far wrong...

River bet seems fine.

I await comments on the openraise considering posters and the turn c/r given flop cap.

Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 07-10-2004, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I await comments on the openraise considering posters and the turn c/r given flop cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... mine don't count?
Old 07-10-2004, 01:36 PM

I would fold preflop. I would also check/call the turn and river and expect to be shown two pair or a set.