Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Trip report

[ QUOTE ]
The 3pm I went to filled up right at 3. You will probably be ok @ 2:45. Make sure you have the Resorts card though. I didn;t have one and got there at around 2:45 and had to scramble to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

can i call and get one now perhaps, possibly online. got a harrah's card, no resorts though. hmmm, might have to leave a tad earlier and hope traffic isn't bad getting onto the skyway yet.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 PM

I don't know about calling for it, but I doubt it. When I went there was no line. If I had just got it on the way in it would have been no problem.

So Troy and lossage, you guys know Glenn, huh? Is he one of the better dealers there? I have to say hes better then any I've seen at Trump. (I had never been to harrahs as my bankroll is a little short for 5-10)
Old 08-02-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So Troy and lossage, you guys know Glenn, huh? Is he one of the better dealers there? I have to say hes better then any I've seen at Trump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. I go to Resorts just enough that I know most of the dealers there, but only a couple recognize me. Overall, I'm significantly more impressed with the dealers' pace and competence at Resorts than at Trump; IIRC, Troy agrees.

The $5/$10 game at Resorts is about as soft as the $3/$6 kill game at Trump in my experience, but you're right to take bankroll requirements into account. Truth be told, when I started there I wasn't really bankrolled for $5/$10 either, but I was lucky not to go on any really nasty downswings.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Re: Chicago Poker Championship @ Resort\'s East Chicago (Aug 1-14)

Did anybody play in the $500 NL tourney on Wed? Any reports on structure, fishiness etc. would be appreciated. Did this one fill up?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:12 AM

I too am curious. Also, for the weekend, do you think the presence of the tournament will make the other games more juicy? Any overflow to the games at Trump? Your speculation would be appreciated as I try to decide between Potawatomie and NW Indiana for my poker this weekend.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:24 AM

I didn't play in it. But they had around 63 players. Paid 8 or 9 places with 1st paying in the 12k, and 2nd in the 6k. I heard the blinds went up every 30 minutes which is better than the old thur tournament structure if you ask me.

Don't care too much about tourney players, but I'd be very surprised if there wasn't quite a bit of dead money there on Wednesday.
Old 08-05-2005, 05:12 AM

Al Trumps no limit games have been good.I would see what's going on at Resorts. If nothing go down the street to Trumps.