Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 07:58 PM

Default Tainted Love

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($41)
MP ($53.75)
Hero ($43.40)
Button ($49.70)
SB ($127.25)
BB ($47.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, Button calls $3, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.50, UTG calls $2, MP calls $2.

Flop: ($15.25) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4, MP folds, Hero calls $4, Button folds.

Thoughts?

Turn: ($27.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($27.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10
Thoughts?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Tainted Love

Raise on flop works for me...that river bet is begging to be raised too
Old 12-06-2005, 09:03 PM

I would make the river bet smaller to hope for a worse hand to call and I would probably fold the flop.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM

I'd reraise more preflop, raise flop, and bet more river.
Oh and rebuying full is good.
I really hate not raising this flop as people do these bets with x [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] all the time, also with air I think to "test you"
Old 12-07-2005, 11:01 AM

Default results

They both folded. I didn't even consider a flop raise and I agree I could have raised more preflop, although I think that just gets hands like A10 or KJ to fold. I hate putting in alot of money on the flop with Ace High (a throwback to my limit side I guess).

The only parts of this hand I really like are the turn and river. It is relatively easy for one of them to have made two pair with that ace and a small bet lets me get away if I am check raised. It also gets value out of an 8. Most likely as one poster said, they had hearts.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM

This hand looks fine, you don't have what you need to price out the fush draw on the flop, and the river bet is a judgement call that could use a read.

Cambraceres
Old 12-07-2005, 11:25 AM

I don't particuarly like the flop call. I think fold&gt;raise&gt;call. Why put money in with multiple players and just no overcards without even a backdoor draw? Youre outs probably arent totally clean, and theres a very good chance your behind. A raise could steal the pot, or overcharge a draw. Meh. I like the river bet though.