Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 07:53 AM

Default *OT-Brag* Finally my first win! Dise Lava 20K! now how do I sleep?

Finally after 2 years of playing and studying, I get my first MTT win! And oh how sweet it is! I have been very close in the past, but always I would make some stupid blunder or take a bad beat at the final table, but not this time, I didn't even show a hand at the final table till we were heads up. I was going to ask for a sweat thread, but I always feel like it might make me play differently because others are watching me. I guess I need to get over that, because I owe alot of thanks to alot of you guys. I ended up winning $7,200, which is also my biggest cash to date, just beating my $6,000 I won last week for finising second in the party 40K.

All I can say to others that have been close many times but have never won, is to keep studying and keep trying to improve. Your day will come if you stay persistent and focused!

ps- now how do I sleep, gotta go to work in 2 hours! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 08:00 AM

Default Re: *OT-Brag* Finally my first win! Dise Lava 20K! now how do I sleep?

Congrats on the win [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]!

I would suggest you try to read a really dull book or watch Tell-Sell? Those things do the trick for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Re: *OT-Brag* Finally my first win! Dise Lava 20K! now how do I sleep

Sweet win man [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Whenever I have a good session of cash games or take down something nice (i cant say MTT's since I rarely take those down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] ) but you get the point, I love playing some xbox to get myself down to earth again and from there it's easy to sleep. Just don't start a poker game... It happens.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:44 PM

Congrats on the win! For future reference, I have found the best post-win sleep aid to be a glass of scotch.

"Glen Gary, Glenlivet, Glenn Fiddich, any Glenn will do... as long as its not a blend, of course."
Old 12-14-2005, 06:21 PM

thanks guys. well i just got home from work and i am dead tired! my happy ass only got about an hour of sleep because i was too busy playing poker! i know im not the only guy around here who drags at work because of too much poker, or in my case winning a tournament. but ill take money over sleep any day! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but i do like the scotch suggestion either that or some nyquil [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 06:26 PM

Congrats man, I'm still waiting for that day to come, any key hands you'd like to mention?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:45 PM

Good stuff. I had my first >$5K win last month and it was a blast [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]