Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2005, 09:53 AM

Default Hand I Will Play in California : GoT Gets Pwned

Commerce 9/18

I'm in the CO w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], GoT is the button

3 retardedly loose limpers, GoT looks like he's about to call so I raise, GoT cold calls, blinds fold, limpers call.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 tone, 1 of my suit

L1 checks, L2 bet, L3 call, I raise, GoT 3 bets, L1 folds, L2 calls, L3 folds, I call

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to GoT, he bets, L2 calls, I raise, GoT 3 bets, L2 folds, I 4 bet, GoT calls

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, GoT bets, I raise, GoT calls

I haven't actually played this hand, but I am going to when I am in California in a few weeks.

The point of this post is to let all of you west coasters know (through the thin veil of a fictional strategy post) so hoepfully we can meet up. I am staying with GuyOnTilt in Azusa so whoever lives or can be near there from March 10-March 20 is expected to show up. There will be a mixture of poker and drunkeness (in no particular order) throughout, so that should appeal to pretty much all of you.

Sthief09 and sfer are tenatively on board too (part of the reason for this post is to put some public pressure on you guys to make sure you come) and scrub and Chris Daddy Cool have signed formal commitments to make appearances. bdk3clash and Johnny Boom Boom can now consider themselves officially informed and expected as well.

So let me know who I can expect to meet. Also, if you insist on promoting content throughout the threas feel free to respond to the hand (It took me and GoT a while to write and we think its pretty interesting).

4K'th post. woot!!!!
Old 02-21-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Hand I Will Play in California : GoT Gets Pwned

[ QUOTE ]
Commerce 9/18

I'm in the CO w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], GoT is the button

3 retardedly loose limpers, GoT looks like he's about to call so I raise, GoT cold calls, blinds fold, limpers call.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 tone, 1 of my suit

L1 checks, L2 bet, L3 call, I raise, GoT 3 bets, L1 folds, L2 calls, L3 folds, I call

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to GoT, he bets, L2 calls, I raise, GoT 3 bets, L2 folds, I 4 bet, GoT calls

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, GoT bets, I raise, GoT calls

I haven't actually played this hand, but I am going to when I am in California in a few weeks.

The point of this post is to let all of you west coasters know (through the thin veil of a fictional strategy post) so hoepfully we can meet up. I am staying with GuyOnTilt in Azusa so whoever lives or can be near there from March 10-March 20 is expected to show up. There will be a mixture of poker and drunkeness (in no particular order) throughout, so that should appeal to pretty much all of you.

Sthief09 and sfer are tenatively on board too (part of the reason for this post is to put some public pressure on you guys to make sure you come) and scrub and Chris Daddy Cool have signed formal commitments to make appearances. bdk3clash and Johnny Boom Boom can now consider themselves officially informed and expected as well.

So let me know who I can expect to meet. Also, if you insist on promoting content throughout the threas feel free to respond to the hand (It took me and GoT a while to write and we think its pretty interesting).

4K'th post. woot!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That will probably be the third time you've ever checkraised the river.

scrub
Old 02-21-2005, 05:38 PM

Evan,

Let me know when you'll be at Commerce. I'll be there, man. I'm sure private joker will be in too.

gm
Old 02-21-2005, 05:39 PM

You're a nit. I know there's no way you're checkraising that river.

Rob
Old 02-21-2005, 11:01 PM

I'm probably booking a flight on Wed and I plan on splitting time between Vegas and LA. I might stop in the Bay Area to meet some friends--we'll see.

More importantly, Evan now understands that when I say, "I win" on a multiway flop he shouldn't checkraise me on the turn.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:16 PM

More importantly, Evan now understands that when I say, "I win" on a multiway flop he shouldn't checkraise me on the turn.

Elaborate?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 AM

Live 4/8. 4 limpers to me and I limp in the CO with KJo. SB completes, Evan checks in the BB.

Frop is AQT rainbow. I say, "I win!" and Evan looks at me funny. SB checks, Evan bets, everyone calls, I say, "Smoothcall!" and call, SB folds.

Turn is a K. Bah. Checked to me, I bet, Evan checkraises, one coolcall, I 3-bet, Evan folds...blah blah blah.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if anyone actually cares, I could make an appearance as well.

I really have no idea what I'm doing in SS so just PM me if you want me to show up because it is unlikely I'll 1) remember 2) be in this forum again
Old 02-22-2005, 01:21 AM

I can make it out to Commerce, but I'll probably be playing 4/8 or 6/12 since I've been PWNED this weekend by the Commerce 9/18.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:26 AM

Default My commitment

If Michael Davis shows up I will forgo NorCal to spend more time in LA. If Michael Davis and fearme show up I will personally scream, "LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!" to kick off their HU grudge match.