Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 03:03 PM

Default There\'s Never a Cop Around When You Need One...(WARNING: Long)

well, almost never. This incident happened in 1990. I'm waiting to pull out of my Grandparents place in Redmond, WA. They live at the top of a steep hill. There is a long line of traffic about to head down the hill, I can't see what's happening below the crest of the hill to my left. There is a decent sized break between an Aerostar and an old beater Z-car. I go for it and make it in with plenty of room to spare. The dude in the Z takes exception and pulls into the oncoming lane (totally blind to what's coming up the hill at him). I snuggle up to the Aerostar to force him into a two car pass. As we come over the top of the hill, I see a cement truck coming up at him. He gets over three cars up and I back off from the Aerostar. Then I notice that the back end of the Z is hopping up and down, a little chirp and puff of smoke with each hop. A King County cop that is parked along the side of the road at the bottom of the hill flips on his lights. The Z pulls over in front of him. I honk and wave as I go by. Ahh, sweet justice.

Another story happened to my old boss. He was driving in to work early one Saturday morning on I-405 (from SR-167). It was raining and he was half asleep. He notices some jackass in a Mercedes flying up behind him around Newcastle. He has to get out of the way to keep this a-hole from plowing him (he was in the right lane). So my boss does a slow burn, gets really pissed and catches the dude and tailgates him for several hundred yards, then takes his exit from the freeway (NE 8th). As he goes to take his exit, the Benz tries to give him a brake test, loses control, and ends up doing 360's at 80+mph through Bellevue. My boss was pretty pumped up when he got in.

I guess if everybody always got what they deserved, it wouldn't be so sweet when these things happened. Oh, and flame away if you want, but I won't respond to you. Both cases were dangerous and stupid, but they happened and the results were pretty sweet.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: There\'s Never a Cop Around When You Need One...(WARNING: Long)

I, on the other hand, am confident in my masculinity and drive like a smart, sane person.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I, on the other hand, am confident in my masculinity and drive like a smart, sane person.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hope of looking at the current Empire and Poker room conversion bugs? There are a lot of people on here willing to help you if you don't want to mess with it anymore. I understand the requests can get overwhelming, and it would suck to have such a handy converter go to waste.

Thanks bro!
Old 07-11-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I, on the other hand, am confident in my masculinity

[/ QUOTE ]

Verbally reaffirming it is totally the way to convince us all of that too.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM

I don't want or need to convince you. I also don't want or need to play games with other drivers on the road, risking other people's lives cause I'm keepin' it real regarding passing and tailgating.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't want or need to convince you. I also don't want or need to play games with other drivers on the road, risking other people's lives cause I'm keepin' it real regarding passing and tailgating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledging people is sometimes nice. Was my question that out of line?
Old 07-13-2005, 01:02 AM

The implication is a little inflammatory, I'd say.
Let's all mellow out.

P. S. I await the Converter Resurrection with my heart a-tremble.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I, on the other hand, am confident in my masculinity and drive like a smart, sane person

[/ QUOTE ]

I am also 'confidant in my masculinity' and i drive like a bat out of hell. (i am careful to never-ever endanger anyone else, though.)

Actually, since my jetta got wrecked (not my fault- i was rear-ended in traffic while driving like 'a smart, sane person') and i bought a '73 VW bus, it's hard (read between the lines: impossible) to drive fast, so i am now one of those dickheads that won't speed no matter how close i get tailgated, etc...