Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: This week\'s Brown Trout game schedule

Small turn-out for the HU, but it was great playing everyone. Hope to see you again next week.
-Mike
Old 10-28-2005, 08:07 AM

Default TROUT HEADS UP RESULTS

Dr. Jekyl computer down! Was unable to play/post... he sends his regrets... and his...

Congratulations to the Winners!!!....

PokerStars Tournament #14217998, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
5 players
Total Prize Pool: $50.00

1: SaxManMike (Fremont), $22.50 (45%)
2: pfish (Chicago), $12.50 (25%)
3: VinnyTheFish (Mine Hill, NJ), $7.50 (15%)
4: gobboboy (Mahomet), $7.50 (15%)
5: BunnieLee (orange),
Old 10-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Taking A Break From Poker

Hey All.

I've had a great (albeit short) time playing with you all on Stars.

Recently I've been having some terrible luck in the sit n' go's. And before I go and donk off all my chips due to Tilt, I've decided to withdraw my funds and buy myself something that will make me happy.

My three most recent exits:

All are Stars $15+$1 turbo sit n' go's

Number 1 Blinds 75/150. I have about 1K in chips left. Two limpers, I'm on the CO with 6/6. I push. Folded to a guy in MP who limped with A/8 offsuit. He has about 1500 chips, it's costing him 2/3 his stack and he calls? Rivers an Ace.

Number 2 I'm down to 700 chips, blinds are 15/30. I catch A/A in MP. Guy before me limps for 30, I raise to 90. Folded to him, he calls.

Flop is 10/3/4 with two spades (I don't have one). He checks, I bet about 180 into the 225 pot, he calls. Turn is a 10, bringing a 2nd club to the board now as well. He checks, I push, he calls with J/10 and I'm sent packing.

Number 3 First hand I'm in the BB with A/K of diamonds. Bunch of limpers for 20 chips, I make it 200 to go, if someone wants to play, I'm ready to make it costly (hopefully I'll get called by a dominated Ace). Donk who UTG limped with Q/5 of clubs pushes for 1500. I make the obvious call, 5 on the flop and I'm sent packing.

Yes, I know, I'm tilting. I should be happy these idiots are playing like this, and I am. I just need a break, the constant suckouts are wearing me down right now, on top of other things going on in life that only compound the stress.

I've laid PLENTY of beats on others in my victories, so I guess it's karma/variance catching up. But for the time being, I really need something to cheer me up, so I'm going to spend some money on stuff for me (maybe a computer upgrade, new flat screen tv, something). Best of luck to all of you throughout your poker adventures. I'm just taking a break for now, get my head straight.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Taking A Break From Poker

yawn, zzzz, bad beat what? zzzzzz

Poker is not for you. This stuff happens. THREE hands put you on tilt? lol
Old 10-29-2005, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my irony detector just exploded.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my irony detector just exploded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what you are refering to here. I'm not that intelligent, and vague references to threads that don't make sense baffle me.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:48 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Three separate tournaments actually. I had that happen awhile back in three multi's in a day as well. Get my money in with A/10 vs. A/7, A/10 vs. A/8 and A/10 vs. A/2 sooted, and they all hit against me, including the guy making his 2 and his flush, ugh.

Then again, I've had my Q/Q bust A/A, my Q/4 sooted bust a slowplayed pair of Aces, my K/K beat A/A, my A/4 beat A/8 sooted that had the flush draw on the turn and I hit my 4 on the river, etc. I've put plenty of bad beats on others. I think the problem is that playing online, you can suffer a lot more rough hands in short order. I can handle them pretty well live, since it's just one event. But playing multiple events during the day and getting creamed in all of them can be draining.

I'm not really on tilt, If I was I would be going crazy overplaying my bankroll and playing badly. I believe I played well, but just got unlucky in succession.

So for right now, I'm stepping back, taking a breather and making sure I remain calm and don't do something foolish.

Insults coming from MegaButt, the KING of complaining about his opponents donkish plays seems pretty silly to me. But, whatever, enjoy not placing in the 2+2 events.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Insults coming from MegaBet, the KING of complaining about his opponents donkish plays seems pretty silly to me. But, whatever, enjoy not placing in the 2+2 events.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not insulting you, I'm stating facts. If you're not prepared for variance maybe you SHOULD quit. Some people are just not made for poker. I can brush them off and load up another game - I know I am a long term winner.

Out of all the thousands and thousands hands of poker I have ever played, I made an issue of ONE. That was in a 2+2 event and I was shocked to see such bad play from a supposed learned group of players. So I'm not sure how I can be given the title of the "king of complaining". You must not read these boards much.

I have won more 2+2 events than you, so again I'm not sure where you got "enjoy not placing in the 2+2 events" from.

Sorry to call you out and correct you in every false statement you make, but you're determined to flame me at every opportunity. If you HAVE to do it, as childish and immature as it is, at least base it on facts please.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:40 PM

Yes, I am aware of variance. Yes, I can handle variance, but in smaller doses I guess. Right now I have a number of things outside of poker adding to stress, and no matter how good you are, when you run bad in poker, it can and will take it's toll on you. I don't believe anyone is immune to this.

I wouldn't be cut out for poker if I was going and playing poorly because of the bad run of variance. But I believe that I am cut out for poker, because I realize when I'm becoming drained and take a break. I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a break, if you've been playing too much poker.

Also, as far as a 2+2'er making a donkish play against you. Just because someone reads 2+2, doesn't mean they are going to be as well versed in effective strategy as you might be.

Just because someone satellited their way into a 10K main event, doesn't mean squat for whether they actually have skills or if they're truly dead money and luckboxed their way in.

I only have about 15K hands stored in pokertracker from my Omaha Hi/Lo ring games, of which I made 4.56BB/100 hands (although Omaha is easier to make more BB/100 hands than limit hold 'em, if you apply appropriate strategy).

I never got the hold 'em version for poker tracker, and given the recent move by Party, I stopped playing at Empire because the ring games were stinking, and moved over to PokerStars to play some tournaments here and there.

Besides, didn't you know that online poker was rigged? They let you get a great run, then they flip a switch and use their house bots to take all your profit back, so you keep depositing. It's true, I read it in the Zoo!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:15 PM

Actually Megabet the games were set up as I understand it:

1. To allow some newer players to sit with strong players for a growth experience.
2. Provide some fun for others

Get a clue. Lighten Up. Quit your whining.