Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Re: is this forum going to hell?

200 nl does not fit in what this forum should discuss, at all
Old 07-11-2005, 11:07 PM

cero,
i can assure you that:

[ QUOTE ]
so I for my part will carefully choose what I post.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are most definately not apart of the problem

btw, wsop me trip report?...
Old 07-12-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
200 nl does not fit in what this forum should discuss, at all

[/ QUOTE ]

It's actually been my experience that 400NL players are worse than 100NL players. I can't say much about 200NL because I skipped it and have only watched friends play it. But hey, maybe I'm wrong and there's some cataclysmic difference between 200NL and 400 or 600NL.

I would be willing to bet that all of you amazing poker players, who are weighed down by the garbage that gets posted here, were at one time or another 200 or 400NL players. And given the attitudes I've seen here, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you thought you were pretty hot stuff at those levels before you moved up. Is it possible, then, that some people who post 400NL or 200NL hands against "thinking" opponents, or whatever, might have something to contribute here? Might have a question worthy of asking? Or are you saying that every player at 600+ NL is better than every player at 200NL?

It's been my experience that 100NL has better players than 400NL. So do we want posts on playing against good players or bad players here? If it's the former, I might suggest some 100NL hands to analyze. And if it's the latter, I might suggest some 25NL hands to analyze. Let's not be closed-minded and asinine here.

Allowing a post based on how many zero's it has on the end of the bets is just silly. We're discussing concepts here. And to say that 200NL contains absolutely none of these concepts is just plain foolish.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:13 AM

It's insane to say that NL100 players are, on average, better than NL400 players. And this board is supposed to be for mid-stakes and high-stakes games. High stakes, IMO, is 5K stacks or over or somewhere thereabouts. Anything between 1K and 5K is certainly mid-stakes, again IMO.

Anything below 1K, if it exhibits some sort of breathtaking insight or some incredibly unusual situation against a very good opponent (perhaps someone who normally plays higher, for instance) I can see the value in posting it here. But really not that many people play NL600 anyways, so I don't think it makes much of a difference either way. It's always been here, let it stay here, I guess.

But lower than NL600 games are simply not very often played against extremely sophisticated opponents. There are plenty of posters in SSNL who can and do beat NL400. It's not like there is not another forum on here which can provide very valuable advice. Once, a long long time ago, several of the best MHNL posters also posted in SSNL. There are still a few who occasionally do. Instead of having people who recently were playing NL200 and are now playing NL400 posting their hands up in MHNL where most of the posters aren't that interested in them, I think it would be much more beneficial for them to be posted in SSNL where the posters will be very interested in seeing some higher limit hands in games that they will be playing in shortly and then the people who played those hands will be more involved in the SSNL forum then they currently are where they will contribute much more being at the top of the pyramid than they will in MHNL at the bottom of the pyramid. I'm not saying not to read both, or even not to post in both, but I think the play at NL400 and below is much more suited to the SSNL board than it is to the MHNL board. Again, IMO.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:03 AM

You speak justly on behalf of many.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:10 AM

Thanks, buddy.

[ QUOTE ]
wsop me trip report?...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's coming, but I'm still in the thick of things right now (cash games--not the tourney, of course).
Old 07-14-2005, 07:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's insane to say that NL100 players are, on average, better than NL400 players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my experience. I don't have the number of hands that some people here have under their belts... but I'm pretty comfortable in sayingthat the 100 players are better than the 400 players. Incdentally, this has also been the experience of friends who play other sites besides Party.

My BB/100 is far higher at 400 than it was at 100, and I actually think I've been "running bad" for quite some time at 400.