Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Dr. Phil today

The problem with Dr. Phil's shows is often times he brings in bad examples of the problem he wants to discuss. Obviously this guy is a gambling addict and needs help. You cannot imply from this guy that poker is a losing proposition.

He should have brought in a real professional gambler with some success and who is going through a bad run. That would have been more realistic.

Another example was a show where he had the real "Coach Carter" on from the movie and he brought in a couple of kids with dreams of going pro after highschool ala LeBron James. One was a skinny white kid with a jew fro. They show him shooting baskets in the front yard with the worst form I have ever seen. One of the first questions they ask him is, "Are you the best player on your team?" He hems and haws and says "No". If you're not even the best player on your team, how can he harbor any real feelings about going pro?

C'mon Phil if you're going to have a show on a topic, bring in a guest where the they can have a legitimate discussion!
Old 08-24-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Dr. Phil Sucks!

Quiet Mushu. You are just temporarily benefitting from your owner's success; and when he hits a dry spell in the challenge matches and WPT, you are back to dry dog food.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: Dr. Phil Sucks!

It's still better than a vegan burger
Old 08-24-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C'mon Phil if you're going to have a show on a topic, bring in a guest where the they can have a legitimate discussion!

[/ QUOTE ]
You are talking about a fat man who wrote a book on weight loss. Then again, maybe he is just husky.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I saw it happen with cigarrettes,lawn darts, ATV's and countless other leisure activities. They are going to protect you from yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya cause nobody smokes anymore...

[/ QUOTE ]

I smoke while I play lawn darts

[/ QUOTE ]

But have you smoked and played lawn darts while riding an ATV? If not you havent lived.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:58 PM

Interesting paradox we got here. All of us love these guys because they put money in our pockets, but we still get angry when confronted with the dark secrets of their gambooling hearts.

This guy's a loser. Prolly an addict. This is bad when it happens and hurts the game of poker (esp the wonderful online incarnation...). Honestly I don't want addicts to sit at my game. I don't want to hurt anyone. But once they do sit, I'll do everything within my power to strip him of his last dime if he puts it on the table.

Because of this, it's going to be hard for the poker community to say anything really sympathetic about guys like this dude on Dr. Phil.

Marlow