Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: How many bets with the nuts?

[ QUOTE ]
If he would bet a 100 with a non nut he would be a retard literally, if you're so fond of money, don't ya believe there are honorable ways to earn them? You remind me of the Cabaret song "Money, money, money, money, mone, money...."

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really, really, really stupid. You're not forcing this guy to keep raising you back with a worse hand. What kind of [censored] would I be to refuse someone who is trying so hard to give me his money?

SpaceAce
Old 11-27-2005, 05:52 PM

that's what I was thinking.

Is it really going to take as long as Kurosh estimates even if he were going to go all the way down to the felt?

If the guy is semi-retarded then i think there is a strong enough chance that he has KK here and thinks THAT is the nuts.
There's even a chance he has a smaller full-house (A9 or 99...was there a 9 on the board?? don't feel like going back to see).

Thinking about it further...I might consider just calling after the 25th or 30th bet or so.
But if the guy truly is semi-retarded as Kurosh says then I would be kicking myself when he turns over that KK.

Does anyone want to guess how long it would take to re-raise 1 bet at a time all the way down to the felt here?
Old 11-27-2005, 06:02 PM

I know I am getting to this thread late, but you can just ask the guy "Want to put it all in?" and he can agree. I've seen it happen at least twice in LIMIT games.

It happened to me recently in a live triple draw game. I made a wheel after the second draw and I had about 15 big bets in front of me. We raised about 4 times, then I asked my opponent if he just wanted to put it all in. He agreed. We both had wheels (number one). He said "a month ago I would have done that with number two."
Old 11-27-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I am getting to this thread late, but you can just ask the guy "Want to put it all in?" and he can agree. I've seen it happen at least twice in LIMIT games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not true in all rooms. I've been in the same spot as OP. About 2 mos. ago, after 4th bet or so, I realized the guy couldn't be reading the board right. I'd been on a heater and had 2+ racks of white and a couple stacks of red. He had about half that.

I wanted every chip he was willing to bet. I suggested exactly what you said. Dealer said we couldn't, house rule. I said I was planning on betting until the other guy was bust. Dealer said it was a rule and the cameras could get him in trouble. OK, so I'll just keep re-raising til he stops. Should have kept my friggin' mouth shut. Guy realizes he's f'kd and just calls. I learned two lessons that hand.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say 8 bets because by then some schmuck at the table will notify your opponent that you have the nutz. Thats when his face will turn white, he will start to feel sick, and he will toss in that last bet for you just in case he might still win.

I know this from experiance... happened on Thanksgiving sometime after midnight at the Borg. All I could do was think of this thread and chuckle. Poor schmuck couldn't slow play his aces fast enough until the river when the board was AQxQQ (I held AQ). I'm not positive, but I think he started to cry.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you suck out on the river... kudos to you. you are the man... read the OP... how many bets with the NUTS... not how many bets when you runner runner to suck out with the NUTS
Old 11-27-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If he would bet a 100 with a non nut he would be a retard literally, if you're so fond of money, don't ya believe there are honorable ways to earn them? You remind me of the Cabaret song "Money, money, money, money, mone, money...."

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no way for me to ridicule this post as much as it should be.

rj
Old 11-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Note to self:

Don't ever offer to put stack in. Wait for them to suggest.

edit: not to come off self important... I've never been in this situation, this note is what I'm taking away from this thread.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:33 PM

If this is a home game of friends, I would go maybe 10 bets, then call, 75% sure that I'm chopping, 25% sympathetic and not wanting to ruin a friend's night.

At a home game or live game of strangers, I would check my cards around the 6th bet, then keep saying "raise", neatly stacking my bets. Too many idiots and drunks who play poker live for you to assume anything. And there is no sympathy for "retards". If they are at the table, they want my money. I want theirs.

I would not be the first one to ask about putting in all our money in. It screams "unbeatable", as if going 10 bets didn't. But in an idiot's head, it'll trigger a "He has the ultimate nuts" thought. You are more likely to get 100 bets one by one than the whole thing all at once.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:35 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

One could argue that if you even have to ask this question, you may as well fold. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Probably a split pot, but my stack is going in as far as it can.

b
Old 11-27-2005, 10:37 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Even though there's a very good chance of chopping and it'll probably take 10+ minutes to bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

If a place has unlimited betting HU, they might allow you both to agree to just go all in to save time. Might be worth looking into. Though it might 'wake' the guy up if he has a lesser hand and kill some of the action.

b