Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:45 PM

Default test

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 4 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($187.43)</font>
SB ($153)
<font color="#C00000">BB ($187.46)</font>
UTG ($20.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $10</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $8.

Flop: ($21) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40</font>, BB calls $20.

Turn: ($101) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB check

Should I check behind or bet. If bet, how much? If check, what's the plan on river?

Also, how do you think of my flop raise?

The Poker Tracker number for BB is 29/4.4 in about 100 hand.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:48 PM

Default Re: test

Why are you minraising the flop? Are you trying to reopen the betting for every hand that wants to 3bet while at the same time making sure he has good odds to draw if he was semibluffing?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:21 PM

I think I play this hand badly. I should have raised more on the flop (if I chose to raise the flop). As it play out, I don't know where I am on the turn once he calls my flop raise. This made it very hard to bet or check the turn. Hope I won't made the same mistake again. Thanks.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I play this hand badly. I should have raised more on the flop (if I chose to raise the flop). As it play out, I don't know where I am on the turn once he calls my flop raise. This made it very hard to bet or check the turn. Hope I won't made the same mistake again. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY!!! Minraising in general is a bad idea.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:24 PM

anything &gt; 1/2 pot bet is essentially committing you both, and usually it's getting all in on riv if he calls. anything less and you feel dirty calling his c/r, not to mention that you're not knocking out any worse hands doing so. check and don't minraise flop unless you were doing it to get to sd easily, in which case you succeeded and should check.