Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2005, 06:21 PM

Default I offer a possible solution to Party\'s Player Point bonuses

Most of us received popups on October 5th that looked something like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Party Points for Cash has returned for a limited time and this is your opportunity to cash in on the excitement at PartyPoker.com!

Earn 730 Regular Points between October 5th and October 31st and you can earn $50 in cash.

You have earned XXXXXX regular points so far. You still have to earn 730 regular points by October 31st to be eligible. Be sure you don't miss out!

[/ QUOTE ]

*Not mine. Copied from another post in this forum*

My theory behind how these bonuses will work is as follows. Keep in mind it is on theory and I could be wrong. I have nothing to back this up.

My fear is that what they did was simply calculate how much you averaged playing the past few months and then put together an offer that requires you to play slight more than your average to reach your goal and earn your bonus. It is also my belief that this goal will continue to get larger and larger each month because as you clear your current month, you will be pushing your average higher for the next month. This would continue each month until you reach a point where you simply can't go any higher.

It seems the people who have not played in a while received deposit bonuses with varying percentage for a max of $100. I believe this is to lure them back. For those who were already playing, we received vastly different bonuses of different sizes (probably based on how much we play monthly or <insert time period here&gt. Not everyone was happy with the offer they received. Reasons may be different for each player.

I propose Party do it differently. I am trying to find a solution that would work both for Party and the Player. Here is my proposal:

For those who have not played in recent months, I propose Party continue with the "Welcome Back" bonuses that lure a customer back with a deposit bonus for a max of $100. I think those work great for that situation.

For all players that are not eligible for the "Welcome Back" bonus, I propose each player receive a new popup the first time they log in each month with ALL of the different bonus offers available to them. Then the user simply selects which bonus they want to shoot for that month. Then, that is their "bonus contract" for that month.

Lets walk through it.

They first time I log in next month I get a popup with about 10 different bonuses available in November. The small one could be just like the one I quoted above. The large one could be like another I saw where you have to play 30,000 hands. All others would be somewhere in-between.

Lets for example say I choose to play earn 2000 player points for a shot at a $200 bonus (number made up for sake of example). This becomes my "contrat" for the month of November. Now every time I log in, I see a popup that says something similar to, "You have chosen the $200 bonus for the month of November. You need to obtain 2000 points before your bonus will be credited to your account. You have earned xxx points so far".

Then in December you get a new "contract" popup again with all ten choices available. You can choose a "new" contract for that month.

In my mind, this bonus would be perfect for each player. Lets say a player goes on vacation for the first week in Novermber. When this person returns, he can choose a bonus that is actually attainable for the time that he/she has remaining. Then next month he can step it up again and go for the bigger one. If each player chooses their own bonus, everyone is happy.

I think this works from a "Player" perspective. My real question is, does this also work for Party? I say it does. Players are happy choosing their own bonus which is effect is their own "rakeback" terms and it's also something they think they can acheive. Players will try to pick the maximum choice they think they can do each month. Isn't this exactly what Party wants? Don't they want to push the limit for each player? Is there anything I am missing that would make this solution not work for Party?