Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Live 5-150 hand, rivered flush against a tricky agro

just call reraise. Also, I like just betting river. Maybe you get a couple of calls. Also, if you get raised, you figure he has flush, call and have played about as big a pot as you were planning to play with small flush in family pot, albeit on you backdoored.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I do not want to showdown the hand. I want him to see monsters under the bed and anyone else that is paying attention, which is most of the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough of a factor IMO.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($45) A, it checks around. I see the villian before his action grab a stack and cut out $45 and I "arrange" my stacks for a $100 raise, he sees this and checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

That move actually works?

[/ QUOTE ]

We were watching each other quite a bit. He was the best player at the table, I am sure he seen me as the same. We were also the two largest stacks at the table, therefore we paid attention...

[/ QUOTE ]

If he was scared away from betting the turn for fear of a raise, but then goes ahead and shoves as much money as possible in the pot on the river, that would tend to indicate pretty strongly that he likes his hand a LOT more on the river than he did on the turn. And if he's even remotely competent, he should understand that your turn antics were most likely designed to to prevent him from betting (unless he actually believes that your telegraph was completely accidental, which seems a bit dubious). He has a pretty good reason to believe you've made a flush now.

Try to play this hand from your opponent's point of view where you hold a set or two pair and see if it makes any sense. The only possible justification I can think of would be that he didn't want your checkraise to knock out all the fish, and decided to let you lead the river into them. But would he reraise after the flush card hits? I still don't think that's good news.