Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:34 PM

Default Interesting(?) live 1/2 hand - QQ in the SB

Playing live 1/2 last night. The table was great, lots of donks and lots of action. Lots of mini rasies that ended up with two or more players AI by the turn or river in a lot of hands. Most of the table is sitting with $200-$500.

Villian in this hand has been one of the action players, not bad post flop but not great either, and real gamboooler... He has made several big bets (including AI) on OESD and FD.

I have been LAG'ing it up pretty good and have built a nice stack doing it (>$800). I am playing very well post flop and putting a lot of players to hard choices, picking on the weak/tight nits and out playing the bad LAGs.

PF: New player posts in CO he has been watching and waiting for a seat for about 45 mins, folds to CO who checks, button calls, I have black QQ and raise to $8, BB calls ($500) and is the villian mentioned, CO calls, button folds.

Flop: 9TJr, I lead for $25, BB mini-raises to $50, CO pushes AI for $192.

I put BB on a set, JJ, TT or 99 are all possible hands for him, maybe a str8 draw plus pair, CO is too new to be sure, but I am guessing KJ or QJ or JT and feel pretty good about the guess. It "feels" like my hand is good against CO and am beat by BB.

My raise and lead on the flop means I have two cards and that I might have something on the flop.

I have been able to get the villian to laydown a couple of times and call AI a couple of times on draws. I dont think he is going to laydown a set here, but if I have him wrong and he has pair plus str8 draw, he might well fold, its about 50/50 if he calls or folds, after all he likes to gamboool it up with the draws.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Interesting(?) live 1/2 hand - QQ in the SB

That's kind of a weak preflop raise for a live game, isn't it? (online too actually). I think you are forgetting to put KQ and 78 in the hand ranges of the villians. Fold and move on to the next hand. HU maybe stick your nose in there, but here you have to best two villians where you are likely behind one or both.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:54 PM

Hmm, well you ain't playing in AZ, so you must be in vegas. This is an interesting hand.

First, I would have made it 5-7BB, with two limpers, since you are out of position.

How much did the villain have? How much pressure could you put on him?

Normally I fold one pair here, but your straight draw is intriquing. Twodimes says you are between 22-30% pot equity in a few scenarios I ran. If you have any fold equity with villain it would work.

But you said that you've folded him before. Is he getting tired of being run over? That would be a prime consideration.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, well you ain't playing in AZ, so you must be in vegas. This is an interesting hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Home game in Scottsdale actually. Nicely ran too, the "host" brings in dealers and everyone pays $5/hhr time. Host acts as bank and floor. Nice table and plans to add an auto shuffler in the next month or so.

[ QUOTE ]
First, I would have made it 5-7BB, with two limpers, since you are out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I had been mixing up the raise size but this was too small. Fancy play donk'ing is all I can clauk it up to.

[ QUOTE ]
How much did the villain have? How much pressure could you put on him?

[/ QUOTE ]
I covered by about 2.5x.

Yes I could make him play for his entire stack.

[ QUOTE ]
Normally I fold one pair here, but your straight draw is intriquing. Twodimes says you are between 22-30% pot equity in a few scenarios I ran. If you have any fold equity with villain it would work.

But you said that you've folded him before. Is he getting tired of being run over? That would be a prime consideration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep that was one of my prime considerations here. He was pretty laid back, but he did have a bit of a "thing" for me.

I was also thinking about meta game here.

I ended up pushing AI and turned to the BB and said "I guess I am going to have to put a bad beat on you." He tanked for quite a some time, and open folded JJ, the other guy turned up KJo and I hit the K on the turn.

I was totally floored that he folded top set to me. I am not telling you how good/bad that felt (good for me, bad for him). He told me later that he had a really bad feeling about the hand and made a gut feeling choice. He played "scared" against me the rest of the night, it was easy to get away when I was beat and take the pot when he did not have a monster.

The table ragg'ed on the BB badly, until I said, "nope good fold the K or 8 is coming" just as the burn and turn fell. Everyone kind of quite for a few seconds and muttered about folding top set against a total nut case/luckbox (me). I got sick action after that hand. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

So when you heading home? Still stuck pimping sheep?