Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Live 1/3 deep stack AK hand, better line?

Live 1/3 game, no cap. I have about ~$1300 behind, villian has ~$1000 behind and is solid but frustrated with me, I have stacked him twice for $300 each time, he has rebought to cover me, but has lost some more to me in the mean time. He has openly said a couple of times he just can not beat me, but is going to sooner or later. Table is tight passive. I have been playing good LAG, making a lot of raises and playing solid post flop, pushing around the weak/tight nits on the table.

PF: folds to me in MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I raise to $30, folds to the button who calls, SB folds, Villian in the BB calls.

Flop: (pot ~120) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]... BB leads for $180. I look at the button and see he is going to muck, I push AI.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Live 1/3 deep stack AK hand, better line?

Yeah how about calling.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah how about calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about it for about a second then decided this was a good place to stack him again.

If I call and if any club falls on the turn it kills my action. My flat calling might bring along the button, which I do not want to play a big pot three way with TPTK/FD. If a Q falls I have to fold to a strong turn bet/push. I look weak based on my prior play by just calling, not to mention I do not want to give up the driver seat in the hand to an OOP player.

His overbet lead ment he had a hand he was willing to play a big pot with. I put him on AQ, AK or QQ. I really put QQ low on the list, as I would have expected a strong RR out of the blinds with QQ, KK or AA and maybe even AK.

So considering I do not want to give up control and do not want to kill my action with a turn card, what do you think?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:44 PM

Is 10xBB the normal raise?

And with stacks this deep, I hate your line. What is calling you that you beat? Will villan really call here with AJ/A10?

I much prefer calling and keeping the pot smaller. I usually prefer to
-call the flop
-bet/raise the turn
-check/call a marginal bet on the river

This of course depends on the texture of later cards. But given blanks, that is how I usually play it.

EDIT: did not see the flush draw the first time. I still prefer to call and see a turn. With stacks this deep, I prefer to make my hand before blasting this pot out of proportion.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is 10xBB the normal raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Between 5xBB and 10xBB, for me 10xBB is the standard on this table.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And with stacks this deep, I hate your line. What is calling you that you beat? Will villan really call here with AJ/A10?

[/ QUOTE ]

AJ and AT are possbile holdings here, but I put him on AK or AQ more times than not here. QQ is possible but considering the PF action I put it low on the list, he is a fairly agro more or less ABC player, with a few moves.

I think AQ leads for 1/2 to 2/3 pot here, not an overbet. The overbet smells of AK, which would be hard for him to laydown.

With AQ I have 44% equity and with AK I have 68% equity according to pokerstove.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with AK I have 68% equity

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand? You mean to win it outright?
Old 10-30-2005, 07:05 PM

See original post again, I did not see the NFD you had. Sorry about that, look up.