Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Live 1/3 NL hand, tough KK

Live 1-3 NL at the Wynn, I have the table covered by a couple of hundred. Villian is a seasoned player and has about $300 less than myself. I have not been on the table long, no real super reads for anyone.

PF, I am UTG+1 with black KK, UTG limps, I raise to $15, Villian UTG+2 calls, button calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]... UTG checks, I lead for $45, UTG+2 calls, all the rest fold.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]... I lead for $120, UTG+2 calls.

River: 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]... I check, UTG+2 pushes AI

At this point I could put UTG+2 on a wide range of hands, from a str8 draw that hit or missed to over pairs or connected cards.

Call or fold?
Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Live 1/3 NL hand, tough KK

The only hand that you could possibly be ahead of here is QQ, and I doubt that Villain has the stones/lack of brain cells necessary to push with QQ on that river. Bottom line is that you are cooked (probably were on the flop - definitely the turn) and should fold
Old 10-28-2005, 05:07 PM

An overpair wins with that board and that villain aggression once every blue moon. Easy fold.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:09 PM

The villian is enjoying my "tough choice" and offers to show...

Does this change your mind on "easy fold"?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand that you could possibly be ahead of here is QQ, and I doubt that Villain has the stones/lack of brain cells necessary to push with QQ on that river. Bottom line is that you are cooked (probably were on the flop - definitely the turn) and should fold

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands would you put the villian on based on the call, call, push line he has taken?
Old 10-28-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The villian is enjoying my "tough choice" and offers to show...

Does this change your mind on "easy fold"?

[/ QUOTE ]

He wants you to call or he is an idiot. I wouldn't let anything in achat influence me, except maybe to lean even more toward folding.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What hands would you put the villian on based on the call, call, push line he has taken?

[/ QUOTE ]

55,66,77,88,99,TT,JJ,QQ,56,78,67,89,9T,TJ,or even AA(poorly played). Only hand in this bunch you beat is QQ.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:23 PM

You said he has 300 less than you, but you didn't say how much he has. We can't really tell you whether you should call or fold unless we know how much you have to call.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You said he has 300 less than you, but you didn't say how much he has. We can't really tell you whether you should call or fold unless we know how much you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started the hand with about $1800, he had about $1500. I did not ask for a count down on the bet, so I do not have an exact amount.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I started the hand with about $1800, he had about $1500. I did not ask for a count down on the bet, so I do not have an exact amount.

[/ QUOTE ]
The pot is about 390, and you are thinking of calling a push of about 1300 with one pair? You'd have to be ahead over 43% of the time to make calling right. You're up against a "seasoned pro" who just called two substantial bets, the first when not last to act. I think you'll be ahead less than 15% of the time, meaning that after you put in $1300, you'll get back an average of less than $450.

I'd rather move in UTG and flip over 93o than call this push.