Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 01:20 AM

Default Hand for review II

Seat 7: dearg ($16.80 in chips)
Seat 8: Hero K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($29.10 in chips)

ANTES/BLINDS
mrnatural1 posts blind ($0.15), Trapper3.4 posts blind ($0.25), ShaneBB posts blind ($0.25).

Villian is a calling station according to PT...

PRE-FLOP
dearg calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, nicktrick folds, KlineUC folds, css_guru folds, Kevin Mack folds, ShaneBB checks, earlybyrd13 calls $0.25, mrnatural1 calls $0.10, Trapper3.4 checks.

FLOP 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img],Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img],4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
mrnatural1 checks, Trapper3.4 checks, dearg bets $0.50, Hero bets $1.50, ShaneBB folds, earlybyrd13 calls $1.50, mrnatural1 folds, Trapper3.4 folds, dearg calls $1.

TURN 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
dearg checks, Hero bets $4, earlybyrd13 folds, dearg calls $4.

RIVER 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
dearg checks, Hero bets $12, dearg calls $11.05 and is all-in.

SHOWDOWN <font color="white">
Hero shows [ KS,QS ]
dearg shows [ AS,QC ]</font>
Old 09-09-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Hand for review II

Your flop raise is too small.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:02 PM

Bump for the day shift
Old 09-09-2005, 03:33 PM

I think you're playing a little loose and you're giving away money.

KQs in a much better hand in late position then UTG+1.

In this and the last hand you lost half your stack or more playing less then premium hands in not so premium situations.

If you play KQs, you want to flop a straight, a great flush (or TP flush draw), 2 pair. You shouldn't be losing half your stack with top pair 2nd kicker.

Fold preflop.
If you don't fold preflop...

Flop- Make a real raise. (when you're doing these hand histories, include pot amounts) There's $2 in the pot when it gets to you, straight draws on the board... make a real raise it to $2.50. (that's pot sized) If anyone reraises you or smoothcalls, you must slowdown.

TURN- You have not improved your hand. Take your free card.

River- Again... why are you betting? If he had a draw and missed, he'll fold. If he calls, there's a decent chance you're beaten. Check behind.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding K-Qsuited anywhere for no raise I don't think.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way I am folding this preflop is if it is raised and I think I could be potentially dominated by AK, AQ. I am not playing this hand only because of its flush and straight potential.

With that said, I feel the line hear is a little over agressive. I like the play on all streets but the river. If you think villain will call the river with a hand like QJ or a weaker Q, I suppose this play is ok. I would just check behind after he calls the $4 bet on the turn though.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:02 PM

I fold pre-flop. I check the river.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In all sincerity, I laugh all the time at people calling raises with KQ suited and giving away half their stack.

It sounds to me like you don't understand POSITION and handvalue.

This hand is an ideal example of why KQs gets you into a lot trouble.

If you make a straight or flush, great... if you have top pair and lose 50BB with it. Then you've got a lot to learn.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're playing a little loose and you're giving away money.

KQs in a much better hand in late position then UTG+1.

In this and the last hand you lost half your stack or more playing less then premium hands in not so premium situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I have to agree.

I guess what is driving this is that I see soooooo many hands at this level won with TPGK. I was honestly expecting to see the villian table QJ or split with KQ. Again I am having a hard time understanding/reading a calling station (this one is VP$IP 86 thru 153 hands).

So considering that so many pots at this level are won with TPGK what is the long term method to get this money? Is it just using pot control to take smaller pots? Or is it just a long term -EV to play in these situations?
Old 09-09-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So considering that so many pots at this level are won with TPGK what is the long term method to get this money?

[/ QUOTE ]

When two people get their whole stacks in with TPTK... its usually 2 fish or 1 good player who has a fantastic read on the other fish. But the loose players only make money if everyone else is at the table, lets them see flops cheaply, bets into them with nothing (bluffs them) and can't tell when the other player has something.

Either or both of the following:
(1) play better hands then them and get the money in early... they'll call. They'll give it away.
(2) if you're going to play loose... play it in late position and control the pot size. They will pay off your good hands so don't risk half your stack on a pair. The people who will risk half their stack with TPTK will give you their whole stack when you have a straight or a set.