Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Dealing with massive (10xBB) PF raises

Playing some 1/2 on FTP last night. And there is a guy that is raising 10-15xBB from late position several times over the course of about one hour. One hand gets shown down, and he had TT.

I watch his play and he has this nice pattern whereby he massivly over raises with middle/small PP and 2-5xBB with A paint or AA-JJ.

So this hand comes up...

I am in the BB with 76o ($450'ish) and the villian is on the button ($320). It folds to the villian (people are getting scared of him) and sure enough he pops it for $35, SB folds and I flat call.

Flop comes KJ6r ($71). I lead for $125 and he tanks and folds.

About 30 mins or so later, I am UTG with KK and limp knowing there is a fairly good chance the villian in CO is going to make one of this patened 10-15xBB raise, he is about do. And sure enough he makes it $20 to go, I push AI and cover him by about $200. He calls with JJ.

So why am I posting this? Well this animal is not common in the online world (more common live), but people tend to not know what range of hands to put this type of person on or how to play with them.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Dealing with massive (10xBB) PF raises

well-played.