Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Running bad or playing bad, beginning to wonder Hand #3

Live 5-150 spread, I have rebought for $350 after a bad beat.

A couple of new players on the table now from a broken game, both soild LAG players both with more than $1500 behind. Another new player to me with $350.

PF: Unknown calls from UTG+2, MP solid LAG #1 makes it $15 (normal "call" for him), CO solid LAG#2 calls, I am on the button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and RR $75 for $90 total. UTG+2 calls, MP calls, CO folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], UTG+2 checks, MP bets $30, I call since MP has a very wide range and do not want to face another RR with UTG+2 in the hand if I RR, UTG+2 calls but doesn't look too happy about it.

At this point I put UTG+2 on an under pair to the board and not KK or QQ if she had either I would have expected a RR PF. I put MP on any two cards that may or may not have hit the flop. I put the A as a long possible, but would have expected more money coming in on the flop if he had a naked A, I have never seen him raise less than $50 PF with a big ace.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG+2 checks, MP bets $50, I RR $150 to $200, UTG+2 folds, MP calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], MP bets $30, I call AI.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: Running bad or playing bad, beginning to wonder Hand #3

yo hes not folding any ace, keep the pot small
Old 11-05-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have several hours with this player. He sees me as tight and tricky. I have stacked him a couple of times when he played a naked ace on a ace high board before against me, he knows better to get too out of hand with me on this board. It is possible he has an ace, but I really doubt it.

Based on my image, I am thinking that if I RR his flop bet he lays down a naked ace. But with the unknown in the hand, I was scared to pop it on the flop.

Based on that information, would a RR on the flop be better? I did get the idea that UTG+2 did not really like the A on the flop when she checked... I feel very weak tight here...
Old 11-05-2005, 01:28 AM

If you want to take a shot at it do it on the flop when the bet sizes are still small and a weak ace can get away.

You say you dont want to face another RR from UTG on the flop, but really if that happened you can easily muck your hand knowing you are drawing to a 2 outer. Find out if you are good as quick and cheaply as possible, flat calling flop bets is not gonna do that and if the utg did reraise you on the flop it would have saved you money. Any hand he would reraise the flop with will still be in his fingers on the turn.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel very weak tight here...

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG if you only knew .... this hand would be a walk on the wild side for me.
Old 11-05-2005, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like making posts that are just qoutes so I am including this text.