Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 07:58 PM

Default 2 hands I liked, what do you think?

0.10/0.25 game on FT. I have been on the table with a short buy for less than an orbit (9.75). Villian has $58.40 and from the few hands I have seen is trying to bully table, but it not totally out of control post flop. Never seen him showdown less than top two.

I am posting both of these together because I have been working on two things...

1) Playing short(er) stacked, taking advantage of the image of someone that is a little wild, under funded, scared of dropping a full buy-in, someone just looking to get wild and get lucky; take your pick, these seem to be the things people think when someone buy-in short.

2) Mixing up my betting patterns. Trying to make it harder for someone to put me on a hand.

First hand: This is only the second hand I have played, I posted in CO and folded my junk on the flop. I have never played the villian in this hand, but I figured him for the type that was playing LAG'ish, but fairly smart about it, pushing with two pair (or better) in situations where the other players were likely playing TPTK or draws in unraised pots.

I wanted to take the line of most players at this level that have half a clue and check/call, check/call, check/raise AI to "trap".

PF: folds to villian in CO and he raises to 0.75, button calls, SB calls, I have K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and call.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img](3.00); SB checks, I check, villian leads for $1.25, button calls, SB folds, I call.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.00)... checks around with a comment from the villian in chat about having the diamonds, then after the checks comments "I guess not".

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3.00); I check, villian leads for 3.00, button tanks and folds, I raise AI, villian calls. MHIG

Hand Two... exaclty one orbit later. Villian went on some tilt from the first hand, lost one and won one and we are nearly even in chips now.

Now that I played the first hand passive with a "classic" trapping line, I wanted to mix it up and stack someone. So I took the opisite line, leading hard and fast with the nut flush.

PF: UTG limps, folds to villian in CO and he raises to $0.85, button calls, SB folds, I call with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], UTG calls.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2.70); I lead for 3.00, UTG calls, villain calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (11.70); I push AI for 12.75, UTG folds, Villian quickly calls. MHIG.

* pot sizes are without rank taken out
** Yes the PR calls on my part where bad, but that plays into the short stack gamboooler image I was trying to establish.