Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Valuebet!

Did they raise the rake during the timespan of which you speak?

With regard to the hand:
It's much easier to state this given the river action, but still, the turn must be threebet. The turn shall be threebet. The river card will come, unless you are capped.

Sometimes we need simple reminders. Because you took the course you did, I will offer you one:

He doesn't know what cards you have.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:24 AM

So this should be threebeted on the turn even if there is 3 to a flush on the board? And if capped should I fold?

P.S Thanks for the info regarding the rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I play now at a diffrent pokerroom where the rake could have more impact hence the lesser BB/hour. I will check it out
Old 12-14-2005, 11:04 AM

I haven't played cash games on UB in some time if that means anything to you, but I find it very hard to believe that a person with those stats would cap that board given your action without a hand that crushes JJ. I would have had to observed some serious stuff on his part to continue. Folks rarely cap lightly.

The threeflush is what enables this type of player to make these kinds of moves. Thwart them. Not only will you gain in this situation, but you will earn respect. He likely won't try to mess with you in these kinds of spots, and that's worth money too.

Look into the mind of the LAG. He takes pleasure in pushing around those he labels as timid - sometimes it yields him profit; sometimes, though he loses the hand, he takes satisfaction in simply slowing someone down. He sees it as a victory. That's what he gets for the money he gives you.