Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: BAckgammon Games

[ QUOTE ]
I want to test out my backgammon skills. Are there any sites that someone can recomend that allows players to play for money?

preferably 1 on 1, I don't want to enter a tourney if I don't have to/

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wanting to play a little backgammon as well. However I remember reading a post about the use of bots in the backgammon rooms? Basically the post stated the bots had virtually destroyed any value in playing BG online.

Does anyone have any experience in regards to this?

BTW - there may have never been such a post (false memory syndrome?) but something clicked in my little brain when I read the OP's post.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've been wanting to play a little backgammon as well. However I remember reading a post about the use of bots in the backgammon rooms? Basically the post stated the bots had virtually destroyed any value in playing BG online.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has been discussed many times in the Other Gambling forum. Look for threads where Robertie has participated.

At least on some servers, cheating using bots is extremely uncommon. You can analyze the matches afterward using a bot. If you were playing against a bot, any other bot will like its play much more than it likes any human's play. I have played thousands of matches and money games online, and almost none of my opponents could have been using bots consistently.

What has happened is that those who do not practice against bots will usually get crushed by those who have trained against bots. That may make backgammon unprofitable for those who are not willing to study the game seriously.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What has happened is that those who do not practice against bots will usually get crushed by those who have trained against bots. That may make backgammon unprofitable for those who are not willing to study the game seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you but I can’t swear that there are no bots. I always start a conversation. When I don’t get an answer I avoid this player. He is either impolite or a bot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 03:07 AM

Online backgammon is rigged!!!! Just Kidding

I lost $100 at Gammonempire today.

Anyways, soes anyone have any info on GammonEmpire?

The reason I'm asking is because of a possible glitch in their software.

Heres the scenerio. I lost against a player 3 times in questionable circumstances. In these game he won when the following happened: down to our final few buttons (I don't know what they are called so I'm calling them buttons)
and he has 3 or 4 left and I have 2. I will win unless he rolls doubles.

So what happens? 3 times he used the doublng cube to double the stakes before his final roll. If he does not roll doubles I win. IF he rolls doubles I lose. Every time he did this he rolled doubles and I lost.

Now I would not be thinking to much of it as it's possible to roll doubles however, why would someone double the stakes when the odds are aginst them in a large way?

Anyways I smelled a rat after the 3rd time left, and played in a tourney. I make it to the final round in this tourney and guess what happens? 1st game of the finals and the same thing happens again. Opponent uses the doubling cube to double the match when it is clear if he does not roll doubles he has lost.

I asked him about this and he said it's a glutch in the software.

I e-mailed support about it but they have not e-mailed me back yet.

Anyone know if this is a glitch or am I just being messed with?
Old 08-19-2005, 02:37 AM

nope you win the 50$ matches and loose the 2 $ matches
Old 08-19-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Online backgammon is rigged!!!! Just Kidding

I lost $100 at Gammonempire today.

Anyways, soes anyone have any info on GammonEmpire?

The reason I'm asking is because of a possible glitch in their software.

Heres the scenerio. I lost against a player 3 times in questionable circumstances. In these game he won when the following happened: down to our final few buttons (I don't know what they are called so I'm calling them buttons)
and he has 3 or 4 left and I have 2. I will win unless he rolls doubles.

Anyone know if this is a glitch or am I just being messed with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're being messed with. Before plunking more money down on the game, I'd ask what your average error rate is according to GNU Backgammon or Snowie.

Albert