Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Min-raised by donks

100NL Full Ring

Although villains are different, both have a VPIP ~90% and are aggressive postflop.

1) Effective stack ~100. Folded to Hero in CO with AQo, Hero raises to $5, Villain (button) calls, Blinds fold.

Flop: A Q 5 r/b

Hero bets $8, Villain raises to $16

2)Effective stack ~200. Folded to Hero in CO with KcQc, Hero raises to $5, Villain (button) calls, blinds fold.

Flop: Jc 8c 4c

Hero bets $8, Villain raises to $16

What line do you like to take here, and does your line differ between these two fairly similar hands?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Min-raised by donks

I call the minraise on hand 1 because you don't have to protect against anything more than a 3 outer.

on hand 2, I 3 bet as set or lone Ac has a healthy draw against you.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call the minraise on hand 1 because you don't have to protect against anything more than a 3 outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

And lead the turn? If you think villain is loose enough to call another raise here, what are the merits of calling vs. raising (or even pushing)?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you raise on this?

Not trying to criticize here, just trying to learn and understand. I've realized in the last couple of days that my NL skills are much more feeble than I wanted to believe [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On hand 1, do you follow your flop call by leading the turn for 2/3 of the pot, or do you go for a check raise? Can you give me an idea of your line given that your stack following a call of villain's flop min-raise is $79 and the pot will be $42? Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

On hand 1, do you follow your flop call by leading the turn for 2/3 of the pot, or do you go for a check raise? Can you give me an idea of your line given that your stack following a call of villain's flop min-raise is $79 and the pot will be $42? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably check raise all in on the turn. aggressive villains will likely bet again on that board after minraise on the flop and potsize is such that it will be hard for him to fold any ace should I checkraise.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And lead the turn? If you think villain is loose enough to call another raise here, what are the merits of calling vs. raising (or even pushing)?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much would you raise on this?

Not trying to criticize here, just trying to learn and understand. I've realized in the last couple of days that my NL skills are much more feeble than I wanted to believe [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

so in hand 1 I'll ignore the fact that villain has 55 as I can't fold top two to very aggressive villains. on the turn I like a checkraise although really considering stack sizes, 1/2 pot turn 1/2 pot river will also get it all in. but I think villain bets the turn there with any ace and will be hardpressed to fold to the checkraise with alot of them based on description in OP.

in hand 2, I 3 bet at least enough to give incorrect odds for Ac to draw on the turn. I might overbet by a lot or just go above incorrect odds depending on which I think will get the money in quicker with other likely hands like sets or lower flushes.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:15 PM

1) i call the miniraise, with the intent of check/raising all in on the turn

2) i overbet/push this flop
Old 10-04-2005, 05:44 PM

Default Results

Results

1) Called the min-raise. Turn brought a K completing the rainbow. I checked, he bet $25, I raised all-in, and he called with A6.

2) I pushed to his flop min-raise and he folded. I wish I had 3-bet enough to get it all-in with a pot-sized turn bet.