Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Beginning to love AbsolutePoker.

Sigh .. now if only they could listen to players and upgrade that damn software .. I hate it.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh .. now if only they could listen to players and upgrade that damn software .. I hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did improve the background recently so it doesn't look so cluttered -- good first step, but i hound them on a weekly basis to keep at it; it shouldn't take a good programmer more than 48 hours to improve - ridiculous they can't see it for themselves. I hate how my cards are 85% hidden behind my avatar. Why are the concealing the cards at all?? no one else is peeking!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They did improve the background recently so it doesn't look so cluttered -- good first step, but i hound them on a weekly basis to keep at it; it shouldn't take a good programmer more than 48 hours to improve - ridiculous they can't see it for themselves. I hate how my cards are 85% hidden behind my avatar. Why are the concealing the cards at all?? no one else is peeking!

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are exactly my problems with it...I don't know how they don't see it.

* Way too much clutter and color all over the place. Party skins are downright tranquil in comparison.

* The cards are way too small. I seem to have this problem with everyone but Party. They all use these small cards and leave plenty of open table space. At least Paradise's small cards look nice.

* The hole cards are obscured. BIZARRE!
Old 03-17-2005, 01:54 PM

they sent me an e-mail giving me $10 free to come back.

so, i logged on and bought into the $.25 NL game and went all-in pre-flop for a few hands. it was good fun and got the table all riled up. somebody beat my A5 with pocket 3's...i think it's rigged [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

[ QUOTE ]
I hate how my cards are 85% hidden behind my avatar. Why are the concealing the cards at all?? no one else is peeking!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the software is buggy (there is a memory leak in there somewhere; when I log off from XP after closing Absolute, I always get a window saying that the program is not responding, and I have to click "End Now" to continue logging off), but I don't know what you're talking about regarding the hole cards. I can see mine just fine.

-Mike
Old 03-17-2005, 03:10 PM

At the higher limits I hear the players aren't all that great, but there's a bubble right around .5/1 where only good players seem to play (in relation to your typical microlimit player). I think it's good practice to play at such tight tables for such small stakes, but it's not the place to try to build your bankroll. If I played 5/10 I'd probably play there. They need to make their hand history thing a little more compatible with PT. I'm withdrawing my money tonight.

BTW - it did seem like the NL tables were remarkably fishy. I think manical is the correct word actually.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:17 PM

Let's not forget frequent freezes, having to click "OK" every time someone disconnects (which is often), having to click a box that you've been removed from the waiting list whenever your turn comes up coupled with a quick "you've taken too long" cut off when you're trying to get seated and buy in, tables not opening when your turn comes up on the wait list (except it creates a non-functional item on the task bar which you must then close before manually opening the table again), additional tables at certain stakes randomly not being available from time to time, ...

The constant bonuses are tempting, but the software rivals Pacific for worst and least reliable I've ever seen.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:37 PM

UncleDuke, I thought the freeze was a random glitch in my net connection. I thought the table not opening was just me not understanding their system.

I retract my earlier statement about the only software problem being graphical. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They did improve the background recently so it doesn't look so cluttered

[/ QUOTE ]

That [censored] carpet gave me a headache!!!!!
Old 03-17-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tables not opening when your turn comes up on the wait list (except it creates a non-functional item on the task bar which you must then close before manually opening the table again),

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that was only me too. It's the most annoying part of the software. The fact that you are removing from all table wait lists when you sit down at one is a close second. What is the point of that? Do they not think people multitable?