Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: I believe.. Some advice, though, follows..

[ QUOTE ]

question of limit vs. nl is always an interesting one. I agree that limit is often much more frustrating because of the suck-outs, and that in nl you can control your destiny more by pushing out lesser hands and punishing bad players.

on the flip side, in nl a streak of either bad luck or bad play (or a combination thereof) can completely cripple your bankroll in a way you don't see in limit. I'm usually pretty tight, but still just a few days ago I had a 3-hr nl session where I lost 5 100x buy-ins. I'd say 1/4 of the loss was bad play, the rest was either bad beats or set-over-sets or KK vs AA type situations.

that type of brutal swing could never happen in limit. so both games have ways in which it is essential to keep a cool head and not tilt when things aren't going your way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing 4 tables, I was down 8 buy-ins the other night before going on a +14 buy-in rush.

The swings happen in this game - get used to them.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: I believe.. Some advice, though, follows..

Hmm.. Yes. You're right and opened my eyes. Because with my current BR I would be playing 5/10 limit or something close to that and I don't wanna think about potential swings I would have there vs my current low stakes NL game. It's all relative.