Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Rangers get Fedorov!

That's right, the Rangers have acquired Fedorov. Fedor Fedorov, Sergei's brother, who has played all of 15 games in the NHL. For Josef Balej, the "star" that Glen Sather claimed to acquire when he traded Alex Kovalev.

This Glen Sather is the worst. This big mouth claimed when he was with Edmonton that, if he had the payroll the Rangers had ... What a jackass. And a failure.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Rangers get Fedorov!

[ QUOTE ]
That's right, the Rangers have acquired Fedorov. Fedor Fedorov, Sergei's brother, who has played all of 15 games in the NHL. For Josef Balej, the "star" that Glen Sather claimed to acquire when he traded Alex Kovalev.

This Glen Sather is the worst. This big mouth claimed when he was with Edmonton that, if he had the payroll the Rangers had ... What a jackass. And a failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with Sather is that in Edmonton he won with drafting and producing players, in New York he stopped doing what made him so succesful and tried buying players. In Edmonton he was always one of the biggest sellers in the free agent market yet they still won because of drafting.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:13 PM

is this good for the rangers?

im not interested in hockey. im thinking of going to same games at the garden, they cant be sold out.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this good for the rangers?

im not interested in hockey. im thinking of going to same games at the garden, they cant be sold out.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a pretty neutral trade, NYR probably got slightly the better of it, because Fedorov wanted out of Vancouver.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im thinking of going to same games at the garden, they cant be sold out.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised, or else you're way upstairs. In 2003, I spent about $1000 in tickets on a package (with 4 seats 1K gets you about 4 games). Worse investment of my life.

The worst part was one of the games I had just happened to fall on the night of the Yanks-Sox Game 7 (Aaron Boone game). I figured I dropped $250, might as well go. Ended in a 0-0 tie.

Luckily, extra innings, MSG put the game on their big-screens, and got to watch Boone hit the home run along with 15,000 other fans.