Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Caution the ATM\'s?

When you're playing at a NL table online and you see an awful player just rebuy for the full buy-in for the 4th or 5th time do you ever give a little warning? I love winning money but I don't want the money of some gambling addict who can't feed his kids the next day or afford to go to college or something like that. I'm not looking to bankrupt anyone in a session, just take their hobby money in strides.

Usually when they are on their 4th buy-in I'll make a little remark like "Hey, you know this is a real money table right? The fake chips with unlimited buy-ins are down the hall." Ok so I like to antagonize people. But if they load again I'll get serious and say "Dude, seriously, you need to stop before you hate yourself."

Good idea or no? Sure they probably won't listen. And if they are not spewing their money to me they will give it away to someone else. If they continue to rebuy I'll still sit there and take it. But I still feel like I'm obligated to at least say something, right? Anyone else?