Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: I just talked to my Party contact

[ QUOTE ]
While I can’t discuss the specifics of the conversation (at his request), Party seems to be creating an internal system that will act as an alternative to rakeback. He will be giving me more information on this in the next 2 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fear this "alternative" is what we just received last week, "Earn XXXXX amount of player points by Oct 30 and receive XXX in your account". It seems Party looks at how much you have played recently and then offers a bonus which is just a bit higher than you normally play in order to generate more play from you. Those who have not played in a while got a $100 bonus instead.

This wont work because each month your bonus will be harder to attain as your requirements keep increasing. Again they seem to be creating something where it's best to just play the minimum (or not at all) and leave for a while until you get your next offer. They need to stop with this silly nonsense.

I have to say that in the three+ years I have played online, PokerStars has always seemed to remain constant and nobody ever complains about them. There support is top notch. Their servers are top notch. Now that they have put in a few good years of solid promotions and advertising, their player base is top notch. I sit here asking myself why I bother with Party any more.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:15 PM

Sucks that it seems Party was first one out there and like many other businesses hard for competitors to catch up. Party has so many players any given night and with many weaker players hard to go elsewhere. I do play other sites for the multi table tourns but my SNG part time job is strictly a Party thing.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:21 PM

Cup (the OP) and us are on the same page with this. Because of all the different information we have gotten, we want to make sure that what we do is completely on the up and up. We don't want what happened with Party about 6 months ago to happen again. We feel that by waiting we will be able to make a better decision.

We completely agree with Cup's advice and should know more in the next couple of days. We hope that people will not make hasty decisions based on possible incomplete or inaccurate information.

Please feel free to email me at support@raketracker.com and if you have any questions.

craig
Old 10-10-2005, 06:24 PM

Is it ok to deposit money into PartyPoker and begin playing again (without rakeback for the time being) before signing up for Rakeback or will they have some sort of 60-day inactive rule in place before you are eligible for rakeback?
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 PM

I can't say for certain anyting about a "60 day rule" or creating a new account once you already have one with Party. My "gut" would tell me that you should wait. But, I have no reasoning to really back that up.

craig
Old 10-10-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it ok to deposit money into PartyPoker and begin playing again (without rakeback for the time being) before signing up for Rakeback or will they have some sort of 60-day inactive rule in place before you are eligible for rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

i just emailed craig that exact question. craig you can disregard my mail if you answer here instead.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they only offer it to those who did not sign up through an affiliate? Because otherwise you could do both.

[/ QUOTE ]
They can prevent it by subtracting the "bonus" from MGR.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fear this "alternative" is what we just received last week, "Earn XXXXX amount of player points by Oct 30 and receive XXX in your account". It seems Party looks at how much you have played recently and then offers a bonus which is just a bit higher than you normally play in order to generate more play from you. Those who have not played in a while got a $100 bonus instead. This wont work because each month your bonus will be harder to attain as your requirements keep increasing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The overall idea is fine with me, but if they increase it each month to manipulate us like you say, we will be slightly better than lab rats...
Old 10-10-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They can prevent it by subtracting the "bonus" from MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks
Old 10-10-2005, 07:46 PM

Bitch, I am Party Poker and I say free booze and grass for everyone!

How's that for bakeback?

[ QUOTE ]
I have just gotten off the phone with an affiliate manager at Party. He told me several times that rakeback is NOT endorsed by Party at this time. Any affiliate who is currently offering rakeback is doing so without Party’s consent and at his own risk.

While I can’t discuss the specifics of the conversation (at his request), Party seems to be creating an internal system that will act as an alternative to rakeback. He will be giving me more information on this in the next 2 days.

After hearing this, it is my recommendation that people wait a few days until this is cleared up before they decide to sign up for rakeback at Party. This is a chaotic time where people are scrambling to sign up again at Party. I think that it is in your best long-term interests to see how this situation develops before making your decision.

I'm sure someone is going to reply with 'I am endorsed by Party' or something along those lines. If this is the case, then it is most likely only an unofficial endorsement by another affiliate manager. And if that is true, then there are conflicting statements being made by the affiliate team and players should use extra caution at this time.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]