Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Need beta testers for new Poker Software

LOL you must be one of those people who thinks $20 is too much for a poker book too? You are the fool here.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PT is very reasonably priced and I'm hoping yours will be too!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I also thought of a great way to build up a user base.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I plan on making Poker Manager reasonably priced. And I really like the idea of tieing the price to the limit the user is playing. The value of the program is directly proportional to the user's win rate, so that makes sense. Its also a great idea for bringing in the new poker players.

I'm guessing I'll have a free version for the $0.50/$1 tables, a cheap version ($25?) for $1/$2, a medium price for 3/6 ($49), and maybe a "pro" version ($89?) for higher limits (15/30+).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty absurd. You aren't going to convince PT users to buy the software if they have to keep buying it as they move up.
Old 08-18-2005, 04:53 PM

What, all of 1BB?

I agree it's a debatable model, and there are some downsides, but it's worth considering, and definately workable.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:39 PM

lol, sure.

You have 9 posts, all about this program and your website. Your program accepts connections to the internet, and you haven't released any source code for it. Why not just ask for the people's user names, passwords and neteller information directly instead.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, sure.

You have 9 posts, all about this program and your website. Your program accepts connections to the internet, and you haven't released any source code for it. Why not just ask for the people's user names, passwords and neteller information directly instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as im aware, it only phones home during the license process at which point it just connects to this:

http://www.uorobot.com/scripts/WebBo...onKey=BETATEST

Also during the licesing part it gets the current version from
http://www.benziegler.com/PokerManager/version.txt

I'm not sure how it comes up with MachineID, but it seems pretty harmless to me. I'll keep watching it though.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-19-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Why Compete With Poker Tracker?

Nice program, but please add some kind of SNG support. More than 1/2 of my play is with SNG's and MTT's, so obviously I would have to stick with PT if PM didn't support these games.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm a professional programmer with 13 years of experience. My web domains (benziegler.com, xylobot.com, uorobot.com) are all based in Falls Church, VA. I've recently written 2 other commercial sofware applications (Xylobot, Hero Logger), and these are linked from my benziegler.com site.

I'm not a scam artist, I'm a programmer trying to write good programs that people think are worth buying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you're a scam artist or that you're out to rip anyone off. However ...

Why are all of your other programs geared towards cheating? It seems like you enjoy writing programs for online games that are forbidden by the EULA's of those games.

Your program shows a lot of promise, but the automated data mining should probably be a seperately installed program. Party hasn't shown much kindness to automation in the past.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next version!
Old 08-19-2005, 09:22 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-20-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The "data mining" is just the same as Poker Tracker's - it gets the data from the 4 tables you are observing. I plan on making the data sharing part work only for computers on your local network.

[/ QUOTE ]

The data mining is fine. It's the fact that it controls Party Poker that they might have an issue with. I believe others have run into problems when they made programs that automatically opened and closed tables.