Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Online holden is getting awfully tight

I mostly play tournaments and SNGs, but I tried multitabling a little limit holdem. The 1/2, 2/4 , and 3/6 games play like a live 20/40 game. The play is very tight and somewhat aggressive.

I found I could do OK at these games and the play wasn't really all that strong, but no loose fish.

What's up? Are most of the people in these games bots?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Online holden is getting awfully tight

Yes, aka multitabling TAGs.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 PM

If you are playing 2/4 limit and you think it's tight than you are probally playing on the wrong sites.

Many of the sites that offer bonuses are next to dead, if you go to Party you will find that in the past few weeks there has been an increase of people who are just crying to give away money if you know how to take it. (VPIP 60% or more)

Just 40 minutes ago, after getting lucky and already making $200 for the day at 2/4 limit, I decided to just go on one more time to try out PokerAceHUD to see if I would like it better than GT+. In 16 minutes I made $153, it was insane. (obviously there is a tremendous amount of luck in that, but the fact that people were around to give away that sort of money was nice)

I think around the holidays a lot of the sites start getting a bit looser.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:28 PM

There are a lot of good games to be found, but the answer is that TAGs multitable a lot of these low stakes games. However, just because the player is a TAG doesn't mean they are beating the game for very much. You'll find some people that are really weak at reading hands despite having stats that are otherwise good.
I think cash games are a nice change-up from SNGs and vice versa. I'm trying to get back into SNGs. Even though I'm extremely rusty, I have to say that the play at the low buy in SNGs is much worse than the play at the low limit hold em games.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 AM

I don't even play cash games much anymore, I find the best play there. I can beat the game but it's tough.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of good games to be found, but the answer is that TAGs multitable a lot of these low stakes games. However, just because the player is a TAG doesn't mean they are beating the game for very much. You'll find some people that are really weak at reading hands despite having stats that are otherwise good.
I think cash games are a nice change-up from SNGs and vice versa. I'm trying to get back into SNGs. Even though I'm extremely rusty, I have to say that the play at the low buy in SNGs is much worse than the play at the low limit hold em games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, I agree with all this. Don't play much limit holdem cash. find it boring. Heresy for this board.

There seem to be a lot of players that play TAG but not well. Sometimes it is easy to make moves on them.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:47 AM

3/6 6max is a fish pond.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3/6 6max is a fish pond.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boy, the SS forum is a bunch of slackers - in microlimits there'd be 10 replies advocating 6max by now.

One of which would be me.

Edit: And don't confuse "tight" with "good." What you're seeing is a table of people not trying to win, but trying not to lose.

Oh, and I played some full ring recently and found it very agreeable indeed.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The play is very tight and somewhat aggressive...but no loose fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try playing on the weekend.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:27 AM

i've only recently began using pokerace and really trying to get relative position on the nuts/calling stations and it's helped me tremendously. i find that on the weekends/late nights on party 5/10 i can make a killing. but even if i sit down and play during the day for a few hours it is still plenty good even if i earn maybe half the winrate that i would on a weekend.

i guess what i'm trying to say is that i got called down with J high today ( although it's worth noting he caught his kicker on the river ) so i'm not complaining.