Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Uhhh,

Please explain to me how your play was wrong?
I am not saying that folding is not an option.

I am simply saying that if you fold here, then you will fold in alot of similar spots when you have second nuts.

If you can't make this call, then you simply shouldn't be playing poker.

This is the same situation as if you had the king high flush (2 from your hand and 3 from the board with no pair on the board) and the situation is the same, if you fold to his all in, then sir you made a terrible play.

Your call was great, you just got very unlucky. Don't fall into the trap alot of players fall into and only go all in with the nuts. It is simply TOO WEAK!

Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh here, but I am trying to get my point across. As I stated before alot of players may opt to fold here. That is fine. Some players dont like to take risks and like to wait for better spots. In my opinion you won't get a much better spot to put your money in, and these players simply won't make a big profit from online poker, you simply don't have enough information online to make this fold profitable. take him down.

-Google-
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me how your play was wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a bad call.

[ QUOTE ]
if you fold here, then you will fold in alot of similar spots when you have second nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
How often do you have to call with the second nuts to punish someone who bluff-pushes for 5 times the pot? 1 time in 6, slightly more frequently for a semi-bluffer.

This is a very dangerous situation, far more dangerous than calling a push with top 2 or middle set on an uncoordinated board. Many more hands have you beat, and it isn't so unlikely for someone to be playing QJ.

[ QUOTE ]

If you can't make this call, then you simply shouldn't be playing poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nonsense. Do you think you can't fold KK preflop with a 200 BB stack, too? That's also wrong by a lot.

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I sounded kind of harsh here, but I am trying to get my point across.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you were overly harsh, just wrong.

Against maniacs, I've doubled up by calling all-in with 66 and AK unimproved, but my record after calling massive overbets with the second nuts by non-maniacs is really, really bad, despite the 40+% chance I need to be ahead to justify the call.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your call was great, you just got very unlucky. Don't fall into the trap alot of players fall into and only go all in with the nuts. It is simply TOO WEAK!

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a huge difference between going all in with the nuts, and CALLING all in without the nuts.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:29 PM

If he really was a decent player he would never move in on this turn without a straight, the amount of limpers and the fact that the flop was checked through makes it higly possible that a straight is out there, especially since QJ is hand that you often see in a unraised pot.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fell for the same logic that you did. I thought that if you were playing aggro then the guy wouldn't have been able to read you for an extremely strong hand. It seems to me that he made a stupid play and got lucky that you had the second nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking is that I just failed on the third level here. This guy views me as bad. I'm pretty sure he's bad himself, and he's just waiting for the nuts and for some reason assumes I will call because I suck in general and so obviously I will call. His play? Abysmal. My play... not so great.