Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Felicia\'s post on cheating at the Razz 4 Queens Tourney

if it was anomynous or one of the trolls, I'd just sorta dismiss it

But this is Felicia's account - pretty heavy stuff -

if you spot any of these guys in Vegas - better notify the tourney director - this sorta blows that it still happens.

http://www.felicialee.net/blog/2004/...ng_a.html#more

RB
Old 09-17-2004, 11:45 AM

Default Re: Felicia\'s post on cheating at the Razz 4 Queens Tourney

Wow that is crazy. I would have gone insane if I was the guy at the final table with them.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:43 PM

I'm telling you honestly, I would have lost my freakin mind.

I am a generally quiet guy at the table, and you don't hear much from me (contrary to my extreme chattiness and general verbosity here), but I would have stood up and announced, at the top of my lungs, what was going on.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would employ a TD, new, trainee, or otherwise, who could be so totally inept.

Man, I got pissed just reading the account by Felicia. I can certainly understand her agitation.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:58 PM

I read it as well and I would have been ballistic. Great report Felicia; I am disgusted they didn't do more to remedy the situation.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:05 PM

absolutely ridiculous that that was allowed. On a side note, there are some honest young razz players out there Felicia. I'm 19 and play razz anytime I get the chance. Its not on the level that you play, but I have won a few online tourneys.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:09 PM

LOL, somehow people have gotten my surprise at young Razz players, and cheating, mixed up.

I'm young, I don't cheat. Nor have any Razz players I've ever played against, outside of these two.

I just thought it was amazing (in a good way), that so much of our table was young. After I got moved there, that made six of the eight players in the 35 year old range or younger. I thought it was worth mentioning as being something strange (in a good way).

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
absolutely ridiculous that that was allowed. On a side note, there are some honest young razz players out there Felicia. I'm 19 and play razz anytime I get the chance. Its not on the level that you play, but I have won a few online tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2004, 02:23 PM

Alright good to know.

I think you'll continue to see a nice rise in the number of young players due to the exposure of the game on the wsop this year. The numbers in the weekly razz tourney I used to play in online over doubled the week after the wsop tourney showed and has stayed steadily high since then. I've enjoyed it as most of the newer players don't know the game well and will bet when they're obviously beat, such as the brit did in your article.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:36 PM

I'm new to this so I plead ignorance. But when I first read the word "cheating", I thought there would be artificially raised pots, shared card info through signals, etc. To me, this does not seem like cheating, just weak play. If they're bad players they're going to lose whether or not they bet into each other. Right?

How can you force someone to try hard against someone else? Would you rather that they make fake bets into each other to make it look like they're trying?

What if you're down to 3 players: you, an idiot, and a star. If you'd rather go heads up versus the idiot and you don't try to knock him out, is that considered cheating since you're not betting into the idiot? Let's not argue as to whether or not the strategy is valid...

PS: I am only referring to the Razz situation. The others mentioned later are obviously cheating.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:58 PM

Upon reflection, I think I am going to go back to my journal and change the way I described the "young" table. I have seen confusion both here and on RGP, and I do not want there to be any misunderstanding whatsoever.

I am extremely happy to see young people playing Razz, and I hope more major tournaments add a Razz event.

This had nothing to do with what went on at my final Razz table with those two young men. Yes, they were friends, yes, they were cheating and admitted it, but I don't want there to be any confusion between being young, and being a cheat.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
www.felicialee.net
Old 09-17-2004, 03:13 PM

they were dumping chips, that is cheating.