Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Obsessive-compulsive walking patterns / cracks / lines / etc.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i doubt anyone else shares this particular neuroticism but... say we're driving down the highway and someone else is driving and i'm in the back seat. Often i'll click my teeth (just kinda bite down or something lightly ) for every one line and try to do it for each white line and then stop eventually when i realizei t would be impossible to do it for all the lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll do something similar to that. Whenever there is a line in the road, I'll curl my toes up, or lift my heels off the ground. Sometime I'll do this every time we pass a telephone pole instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this, but I shoot a finger gun instead of curling toes/lifting heals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I sometimes shoot the finger gun when doing this, but usually just shoot like mind laser beams or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is such a quirky but interesting thread. Here's mine: while riding in the car (and only while riding in the car for some reason) I imagine that from the roof of the car on both sides extends a really long saw or knife or something that wraps all the way around the world and is leveling all trees and buildings, etc. on the entire planet to the same height. I have done this for as long as I can remember.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:34 PM

yep i don't just mean the dotted line on the road, i'll do it with trees, electrical posts, whatever, now that you mention it.. bunch of freaks we are lol
Old 09-26-2005, 11:35 PM

I do the "unspinning" thing. I know what that guy means.

Also, I always put on socks/shoes/gloves/jackets left to right. left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe.

Another is walking up stairs, I always start off on my left foot and I like to end it on my right foot, meaning the last step up I take is with the right, so if there are 10 steps I do 5 on the left and 5 on the right. if there are an odd number of steps i'll skip one or something.

Also, sometimes when I'm walking down the street and see a sign if I'm curious about what it said I'll go back a block or two to check it. Because... you gotta be sure man.,
Old 09-26-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else, after they spin around for whatever reason, feel they have to spin in the opposite direction to "unspin" themselves? If I don't, something just doesn't feel right. If I can't unspin though, I just drop it and it isn't too big a deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This sounds pretty crazy and I think you should see a professional about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer 'unique'.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 PM

Well, I actually *was* obsessive-compulsive for a good long while in my life, so I know what it's like to feel that it's gravely important to step or not step in certain places.

Anyway, just make sure your soap dispenser isn't empty if she ends up at your place.

--Nate
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 PM

I always count the stairs which I go up. The back stairs at my work... 22 to the top. Front stairs, 21. Another building I frequent often, 4 stairs, landing, 16 stairs.

My house, 2 steps, 10 steps, then 4 steps to the top. The great thing about this is I can move around my house in the dark including the stairs just like the lights are on.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was messing around on Google and found this survey.

my results:

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your score on the screening device, it would appear that you probably do not have OCD. However, only a mental health professional can make an accurate diagnosis and if you are experiencing psychological distress it may be advisable to see a clinician for further evaluation. You may also want to keep in mind that most so-called 'normal' people have some obsessive thoughts and some ritualistic behaviour in their lives. It's only when their obsessions and compulsions start becoming an overwhelming primary focus in a person's life that a person has clinical OCD.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I thought this question was hilarious:

Question 10

Are you concerned about physically harming a loved one, pushing a stranger in front of a bus, steering your car into oncoming traffic; inappropriate sexual contact; or poisoning dinner guests?

Glad that I do not have those thoughts.. well not often at least [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 12:02 AM

I think my example is more of a feng shui type of thing but I thought it was weird so I wanted to share it.

I know a chick that insisted the bed she slept in had to run with the peak of the house. Yah I explained that some houses have several different peaks going in different directions. But she would just say then it is the direction of the peak of the room you are in.

And what about flat roofed buildings? Why do you have to question everything to death was the answer I got and I let it go at that. As she was getting close to leaving the bed all together.

Remember sleep with the peak!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always count the stairs which I go up. The back stairs at my work... 22 to the top. Front stairs, 21. Another building I frequent often, 4 stairs, landing, 16 stairs.

My house, 2 steps, 10 steps, then 4 steps to the top. The great thing about this is I can move around my house in the dark including the stairs just like the lights are on.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, im so starting to do this. the part about being in the dark is kinda sweet.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:22 AM

Mr. Stagback, the very real problem is what I find out. You see, there's defense, education, housing, health, social security, silly walks. They're all supposed to get the same. But last year the government spent less on Silly Walks than they did on industrial organisation. We're supposed to get 348 millions pounds a year to cover our entire Silly Walks proposal. Coffee?