Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2005, 04:22 AM

Default Anemic teenage ghostboy hand

Full 1-2 game at Commerce. Some kid who looks about 17 and weighs about 105 pounds and is so pale he's nearly transparent just got into the game on my right. I saw him put in a lot of bets with a pocket pair & some overs on the board against a loon and at the showdown his hand was good. I think he's probably a decent player. People were talking about him like he's new on the scene -- and he's hanging out with his buddy who looks like the Shermanator from American Pie and also playing 1-2. Button in this hand is clamoring to get a 300-600 game started and appears to be playing reasonably well.

All fold to the button who open raises. Anemicboy 3-bets. I think he has a wide range of hands here. I look down at AJo and cap. I like my hand and I would like to force the button out. He folds and Anemicboy calls.

Flop: T64 rainbow. Anemicboy checks, I bet, he calls. He's probably got a pair or overcards.

Turn: K completing the rainbow. Anemicboy checks. I check it back to him. I am not sure how many outs I have and I don't really want to get raised off of my hand. I'll deal with the river when I see it.

River: 9. He checks and I check again since I think he'll call with a pocket pair.

Botched? Or just fine?