Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 03:56 PM

Default Support for David Ross

I really do miss Davids weekly posts, and today in particular I really feel like an update. However, without an update I began to think of how I would just like to pick up a book and rummage through past updates.

Now I know I could just do a search and browse through them but it would be nice to have a hard copy.

David, have you looked any further into getting your work published?

I have started this thread to offer my support if you do indeed take that route. I encourage others who have enjoyed Davids posts to do so here, as well.

Thanks and goodluck.

outS
Old 06-13-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Re: Support for David Ross

[ QUOTE ]
it would be nice to have a hard copy

[/ QUOTE ]

File->Print [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, I certainly support David if that is the route he chooses.
Old 06-13-2004, 05:27 PM

I agree with the above, but I think Schneids is doing a great job filling David Ross's shoes. But what will happen when those 60 days are over..? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2004, 06:16 PM

with the money that he's making playing poker, personally, i would SELF-PUBLISH my work instead of looking toward someone else to do it. obviously, with the popularity of poker at an alltime high and the poker boom over the internet, he could be quite successful on his own. with his success already documented online, he could pitch his idea to a bank or credit union and could get a nice loan to finance his launch into the self-publishing business (if he does'nt want to use his own money). once he establishes a sales track record through his own independent company, a larger publisher will be more inclined to, say, buy the rights to his book at a six figure price or either do a joint venture to mass market his book where he can make anymore money. a bigger publishing company would be more apt to do business with a self-publisher who has already established a sales record with his own market than a fresh-out-the-box author with only an idea.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:48 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

a lot of people consider poker a sport. if poker is a sport, then david is an athlete. based on many posts i've read, there are plenty of people such as yourself that could be his athletic supporter.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:50 PM

am i the only one that doesn't think this book would sell very well?
Old 06-13-2004, 09:13 PM

You might be surprised at how many copies even the worst books sell. Early in my career I published a terrible one in my field, and I am still getting royalty checks. Lots of copies go to libraries and such.

The key is to generate a large enough royalty to make the time spent writing the book worthwhile (unless you are just doing it for fun).
Old 06-13-2004, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of people consider poker a sport. if poker is a sport, then david is an athlete. based on many posts i've read, there are plenty of people such as yourself that could be his athletic supporter.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe, or ya know... groupie
Old 06-14-2004, 02:34 AM

Cafe-press does self-publishing for books now...basically you upload your book as a pdf, add the cover art, etc.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/books.aspx

J
Old 06-14-2004, 03:22 AM

Default Love the avatar Buster... n/m

^